“Comfortable two night stay”

SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed two nights. Asked for a room away from busy road and received it! The room and bathroom seemed very clean. Bed was super comfortable. Shower great with plenty of hot water quickly. Breakfast was very good with several healthy options (fresh strawberries, bananas, oatmeal) Desk staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms are smaller then some (it seemed) but not a real issue. Would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the closest main road and will be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The room was very clean and spacious! We had two couples sleeping on the two king size beds and a student on the sofa bed. The breakfast was mediocre. We felt safe during our stay including parking at night. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this property on a business trip. It is located on the new growth side of Statesboro. You have all the newer restaurants and shopping areas within a few miles.

The property itself is clean and well maintained. My interaction with the staff was pleasant. My room was in good shape and no issues with the bed or space. I had a 2 bed room with a nice size sitting area and a work station.

There were two minor things. First, the hot water took awhile. Second, you do get road noise. I was on the back side of the property and at the end away from the main road, but I could still hear trucks rumbling through during the night. When the A/C cut on, you had some white noise, but once it cycled off, you could hear them again.

All in all, no major complaints. A solid property.

Room Tip: Far end of the hotel away from the main road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was a very well-appointed hotel. I loved the room and enjoyed the breakfast. The only small problem I had was that it took several tries for my keys to unlock my room. I was told it may have been the battery in the lock. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
savsbgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I apologize that you had an issue with your room key/door lock. Our goal is provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring them back when visiting Statesboro. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

While lacking a lot of the charm of the boutique style of the newer Springhill Suites, this hotel offers a good location with really good service. Good workout equipment and a decent breakfast. This was my first stay in Statesboro, so I have nothing to compare it to. However, I did not see another hotel in town in its category. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the fitness center and equipment.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at this Springhill Suites several times and am very impressed. Very clean, accommodating, and with the nicest staff. I did not get to use the facilities but did take a look and equally impressed by the cleanliness and overall appearance. The breakfast was good, but it is usually packed and therefore the crowd pretty much cleans them out. However, it worked for me just fine. This location is superb and the only Marriott Property I know of in the area short of Savannah. I will definitely stay at this superb property again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Our goal is provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring them back when visiting Statesboro. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

First of all, this is the only Marriott property within 50 miles or so. It is a very new hotel, I would guess 5-6 years old. The staff is very helpful and attentive. The breakfast is good with everything you need. The rooms are large since it is an all suite hotel. The king suite has a nice work desk and decent internet speed. There are no restaurants within walking distance but several choices just a mile or two away. I always stay here when in Statesboro. A good choice for a reasonable price

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed our 25% larger rooms with a work desk.