“Great Location and Accommodations”

SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at this Springhill Suites several times and am very impressed. Very clean, accommodating, and with the nicest staff. I did not get to use the facilities but did take a look and equally impressed by the cleanliness and overall appearance. The breakfast was good, but it is usually packed and therefore the crowd pretty much cleans them out. However, it worked for me just fine. This location is superb and the only Marriott Property I know of in the area short of Savannah. I will definitely stay at this superb property again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
savsbgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Our goal is provide the best customer service and offer our guests an experience and amenities that will bring them back when visiting Statesboro. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area

Reviewed August 7, 2013

First of all, this is the only Marriott property within 50 miles or so. It is a very new hotel, I would guess 5-6 years old. The staff is very helpful and attentive. The breakfast is good with everything you need. The rooms are large since it is an all suite hotel. The king suite has a nice work desk and decent internet speed. There are no restaurants within walking distance but several choices just a mile or two away. I always stay here when in Statesboro. A good choice for a reasonable price

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed our 25% larger rooms with a work desk.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I have reviewed this hotel before, so I'll just mention that it seems to be the nicest hotel in the Statesboro area. It is a bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for in overall room, service and cleanliness. We stay here EVERY TIME we come to Statesboro.

However, I want to point out a minor shortcoming of the hotel. The breakfast areas (food area and sitting area) are barely adequate to very cramped, depending on the crowd. I say this with the understanding that breakfast is FREE. For the size of the hotel and the amount of people it holds, the eating area is quite a bit smaller than the amount of people that usually crowd into it. We can usually find a place to sit, but it can be very crowded. This past weekend there were two cheerleading teams staying there (not a fault of the hotel) and it was very cramped.

The food area (buffet-style) is very small. While the food itself is good, it is located in a very tight area that doesn't allow for much flow. Most people are crowded around the single waffle-maker which usually blocks access to the juices/water. If you want eggs and bacon/ham/sausage, you are usually bumping into the people that are waiting for juice/water which are being crowded out by the line waiting for the lone waffle-maker. Most people either eat the waffles or the eggs/meat so that end of the food area is very crowded.

I truly feel that the hotel would better serve its guests (for breakfast) if this area was expanded (both food and sitting) and an extra waffle iron was added, along with an extra serving pan for the eggs/meat.

NOTE: This past weekend there was one family in particular that stood at the waffle-maker for over 30 mins making waffle after waffle after waffle for a large brood. While annoying for my son, THIS WAS NOT A FAULT OF THE HOTEL.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cbozman
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I had a meeting to attend and stayed here f or a night. The room was nice. I was on the bottom floor. The noise level of the staff was loud. The slamming of doors and loud talking woke me up several times. The bedroom and bathroom were very clean. I would stay here again....just not in that room.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at the hotel. As expected, everything was clean from when we entered the hotel until we checked out. The light breakfast is perfect. The spacious and very modern room was more than enough for my husband and I. The staff was warm and friendly as they were on our first stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Coffee pot was very dirty. I tried to clean the coffee pot my self and found a large hair in the pot. I complained to the front desk and they replaced the coffee pot with one that was almost as nasty. Bath tub also had left over hair from previous use. TV had only
nine channels, none of which were major network channels. Free breakfast was not that great.
I would not recommend this hotel. It's untidy and customer service is not very good.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was host hotel for June 2013 family reunion. Although hotel could not accommodate a group of 145 people for any activity, we had over 60 people stay in the hotel. Everyone very much enjoyed their stay. While there, hotel staff was extremely accommodating. A "very nice" breakfast was included in room rate that is always a plus. Rooms are spacious and they have double king rooms with sleeper couch that accommodates several people. GREAT location convenient to shopping, restaurants, parks, et al in Statesboro, GA. I would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: No bad comments from anyone who stayed in the hotel. I believe all rooms are in a good location tha...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family