“Had a great stay”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Fairfax, Virginia
“Had a great stay”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was host hotel for June 2013 family reunion. Although hotel could not accommodate a group of 145 people for any activity, we had over 60 people stay in the hotel. Everyone very much enjoyed their stay. While there, hotel staff was extremely accommodating. A "very nice" breakfast was included in room rate that is always a plus. Rooms are spacious and they have double king rooms with sleeper couch that accommodates several people. GREAT location convenient to shopping, restaurants, parks, et al in Statesboro, GA. I would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: No bad comments from anyone who stayed in the hotel. I believe all rooms are in a good location tha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PR00001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I chose this hotel because it is affiliated with Marriott so I wanted to build my reward points. It is clean and new and as a new parent of a GSU student and football player, I felt like the location would be perfect for the many visits I intend to take to the area. When I tried to pre-book a room for the upcoming football season, I was informed there was a 2 night stay minimum and that the rate is increased for these dates. I have other children and definitely won't be able to come for 2 nights, so this hotel is out for me. No Marriott points when I go to the 'Boro. Breakfast was continental and good- the staff kept it very well stocked and the housekeeping staff was friendlier than front desk staff. Very comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Expect 2 night minimum stay and increased rates during football game weekends.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robin S
Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

In sales and stay in the Springhill when in the area. I have never had a problem with the staff nor the rooms. There are plenty of places to stay in Statesboro but the Springhill is the best in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank alm08
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Everything about this hotel (except the wifi which was down that day) was wonderful. The room was generous and nicely appointed. The linens were clean and of very good quality. And the shower had great water pressure, glass door v. shower curtains, and a separate work/office/sitting area. I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: As always, select a room on a higher floor and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Having a daughter that is starting college at GSU, I have had the occasion to stay in two different hotels in Statesboro. There are no high-end hotels that I could find in the area. All of them are "waffle maker in the breakfast area" hotels, with slightly different decor.

The hotel is well-maintained and the lobby, breakfast area, and room were all clean. The decor was a bit strange: multicolored furniture and fixtures that seemed like someone's contemporary version of 60's decor. The "suite" includes a pull out couch, a table, a work area, and a bed that was so-so comfortable. The sink outside the doored shower/toilet part of the bathroom was a welcome extra.

Like most hotels at this level, the walls are "paper-thin" and our neighbor's crying toddler kept us up until the A/C kicked on. Hotels that have the old-style window HVAC units always have irritated me. They are noisy and this one was right next to the bed. The only difference is that there was a thermostat on the wall instead of the usual panel in the unit. Maybe they intentionally make them noisy to drown out the noise through the thin walls. In any case, we usually turn the unit off at night so we can sleep without the whir of the mini-jet plane in the room.

The breakfast was about what I expected, the same as a thousand hotels like it across the country. I must say, however, that the woman who was attending the area kept it spotless and well-stocked and did it with a smile on her face. The lobby area also had a good selection of other foods with some actual meals that you can prepare in the microwave that comes in your room. The front desk people were pleasant and helpful: no complaints there.

So, if you are going to stay in Statesboro, so far, I'd say either this hotel or the Comfort Inn across the street. Almost identical experience. The only differentiating factor would be the price. I believe this Marriott property is more expensive than the Comfort Inn. In the future, the least expensive one is where we will stay.

The hotel is just a mile or so from the central GSU campus. The area is about 10 miles from the interstate. If you want more luxurious digs, you'll have to go to Savannah, which is only about 45 minutes away. I've rated this hotel three stars but for Statesboro, it is probably a four or five star. But overall, just average and unremarkable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pramstroker
Warner Robins
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Let me just say that the room was perfect. It was clean, spacious, and the beds were so comfortable. Check in was fine but the desk clerk was in the back office for the rest of the evening. I had to shout excuse me across the counter for the desk clerk to come out of the back office on 4 separate occasions. I know it seems like I was a nag. Maybe it was my fault for traveling unprepared, but we decided to stay last minute after a long day at the water park. Checkout was at 12 noon, housekeeping come in on us sleeping at 9:00. Since our plans to sleep in were cut short I decided to grab some breakfast. The book in the room said breakfast ended at 9:30, the sign in the dining area says 9:00. The staff member was putting the stuff away when I got there at 9:15.

Room Tip: The double king suite is roomy and comfortable for 6 people.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Yes, that is my first comment. It is actually not on the campus, but is across the street from another hotel, at the intersection of Fair Rd and Veteran's Memorial Pkwy. Still just a very short drive from the university, but not as depicted.
Now, on to the hotel itself. The rooms are aesthetically pleasing, with a partition above the desk separating the "work" area from the sleeping area. There is a small refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave, with ample cabinet space for food storage (which I was happy for, staying here for a week). However, the mugs provided had lipstick around the rims..both of them. Which made me wonder if they were ever actually washed. I should mention that these are black mugs and it would be easy to overlook, but if I saw it without looking for them...probably a good idea to clean them after each guest.
The wifi is horrible on the second floor, where I stayed. Intermittent and very slow.
There is a small swimming pool area with a fire pit and sufficient chairs. The wireless is better there, so I sat out there when I needed to be uninterrupted. I didn't ask to move to another room because it wasn't that important, but if you have work to be done, I suspect the front desk folks know about the issue.
The breakfast offerings included pre-fab egg patties, some sort of meat patties, oatmeal and assorted dry cereals and breads. Oranges and apples were available all day, which was nice. Not the most gourmet meal, but sufficient to get you fed and out the door.
Overall, this was a nice place to stay and I would consider staying here again next time I'm in Statesboro.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo