“This place is a mold farm (literally)!!!”

SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
“This place is a mold farm (literally)!!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

You can smell the mold when you walk in the rooms. My room smelled like fresh paint...so I'm thinking they are painting over the mold trying to cover it up and cut corners because there was mold under the sink. Though the staff is amazing and so is the breakfast! I had to be moved to another room because of the strong mold/paint smell...just aweful not to mention very dangerous. I will never stay here again until this problem is taken care of. I will also be sure to tell anyone I know to stay away from this place.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank georgia7098

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in Statesboro as we were moving our daughter into Georgia Southern University for the fall semester, 2012. The hotel is basically 2 miles from campus and is an excellent hotel. The rooms are clean and very modern. Everything is very nice and the breakfast is free and very good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristi1965
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Please forgive me. I just wrote a review of this hotel and put it under Athens, GA instead of Statesboro. I have kids in both Universities and planned on reviewing both....all this college stuff has me confused to say the least!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Peaches0422
Athens, Ga
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I've never been the one to post reviews online due to my busy schedule, but this is one hotel I feel that needs the credit! We were recently at this marriott for my sons orientation at georgia southern university. After driving for hours and getting a little lost in the city itself due to a gps glitch, we were pretty frustrated when we arrived to the hotel. We've never stayed at a springhill before so we didn't know what to expect, never heard of one actually.The guy who checked us in was just wonderful! He and the other staff members made our stay memorable. By him being a student at the school himself, he gave us accurate directions to our destination for the next morning. Also giving me some constructive advice new freshman parents probably needed to know. Very informative and friendly. The beds were like heaven! Our son who had to stay at the dorms the next day didn't want to leave! I asked them what brand of mattress they used, but he didn't know off the top of his head. The breakfast was more than we could ask for, and it was complimentary. Everything was just perfect, and that isn't too common in hotels today. I appreciate that staff that made our stay most pleasant. Although the rates for the upcoming football games were a little higher than our quoted rate, we still look forward to staying in the fall!

Thanks again to the folks at the springhill suites!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brenda J
Georgia
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Our first stay at a Springhill Suites. Room was nice size. Had a separate toilet and sink area. Nice work area. Bed comfortable. Had a mini fridge and microwave as well. Breakfast in the morning was good - waffles, cereal, pastries, toast, bagels, fruit, juice. Good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank justme2Georgia
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have stayed a little further down the road in Statesboro and found this experience to be a little lacking. I see other reviewers love this hotel, but I just didn't. The lobby area is cramped and hard to negotiate two people walking by each other with suit cases. Room was just okay - the couch cushion had a stain on it which really grossed me out but the set up of the room was good. Free breakfast was actually not bad for hotel breakfast with the ability to make a fresh, hot waffle.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cathieschafer
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The hotel is nice and new and very quiet. The pool was pristine as was the workout room. The beds are VERY comfortable and the suites are quite spacious. All of the hotel employees were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here any time I'm in the area again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business