SpringHill Suites Statesboro University Area
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Just OK”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have stayed a little further down the road in Statesboro and found this experience to be a little lacking. I see other reviewers love this hotel, but I just didn't. The lobby area is cramped and hard to negotiate two people walking by each other with suit cases. Room was just okay - the couch cushion had a stain on it which really grossed me out but the set up of the room was good. Free breakfast was actually not bad for hotel breakfast with the ability to make a fresh, hot waffle.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cathieschafer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The hotel is nice and new and very quiet. The pool was pristine as was the workout room. The beds are VERY comfortable and the suites are quite spacious. All of the hotel employees were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here any time I'm in the area again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kauten
Tampa
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel is great, professional staff, clean modern rooms and great breakfast. Would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ElaineTampa
Georgia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Visiting family. Stayed one night. This place is 4 years old. Super new and smells super clean. The nicest upscale Springhill I've stayed in. Cute avant garde lobby. Fast check in. Friendly. Maybe it helped that I identified myself as a Top Contributor. Room has a small desk. Microwave. Fridge. Wide screen TV. Nice bathroom amenities. Adjustable thermostat. AC worked great. Very quiet. You're near restaurants and the University. Didn't stay for bkfast but folks appeared to be horsing it down quite nicely as we checked out. I'll stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cognac62
Brentwood, TN
Reviewed May 30, 2012

"High speed internet" is not accurate. It doesn't work in the rooms, only in the lobby.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ted_Traveled
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My family and I had traveled from NC to FL and were on our way back up to NC. We had planned a stay at a hotel in Savannah but experienced a nightmare there. With it being Memorial Day weekend, it was very difficult to find an available, affordable room. I have a brother who lives in Statesboro, so I thought to look for last minute hotel rooms there.

My husband called Springhill Suites and the gentleman who helped him was great! He quoted several hotel options and my husband said, "do you have anything for under $100? The hotel we had booked fell through and we are on a budget." The gentleman was very helpful and found us a great room.

We arrived at the hotel around 11:45pm, and the lady at the front desk was wonderful. She was very friendly and extremely helpful. I was carrying my 6 year-old sleeping son and dragging my semi-awake 8 year-old daughter while my husband unloaded the truck. The lady up front was so kind to us!

When we got to the room, I couldn't believe the bargain we had found. The room has a king bed and sleeper sofa which is perfect for the 4 of us. The kiddos instantly fell asleep! The room is comfortable and would be a great size for a single traveler or couple and even for those traveling with up to 2 smaller children.

The continental breakfast has something to keep little tummies from growling, the outdoor pool is great, and BONUS...our check out time is NOON! Hallelujah! It's like the staff here knew what a hard day we had and wanted to help us recover from it!

THANK YOU TO THE STAFF OF SPRINGHILL SUITES STATESBORO UNIVERSITY AREA!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor at the end of the hall is nice and quiet!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Amber N
Lake City
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel is very nice, not plush but nice and clean. The rate we received was excellent nothing was going on in the community this week, but a car show. They say during football season these rooms book early, so you would have to call way ahead. The amenities in the rooms are nice such as a sofa, microwave and frig. I read and there was a special reading light by the bed. Everybody was friendly even the maids in the hallways.Continental breakfast included in rate, no restuarant. They have a wonderful sports complex in the town other teams comes over for baseball, soccer ,softball. Have a waterpark in the sports complex but you have to pay to get in.
We saw lots and lots of middle school and high school students in different competitions.

Room Tip: Friend was in room 213 by the elevator, was too noisy. When she went down to complain she was moved...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends