“Great Price, But Didn't Sleep Well Do To Mildew Smel From AC!!!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Statesboro
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
ORLANDO
“Great Price, But Didn't Sleep Well Do To Mildew Smel From AC!!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Upon Check-in, the door to our room would not open. The latch wouldn't fully disengage from the door frame. They gave us a different room, the second day of our stay our room keys didn't work. We had to keep getting them reactivated. The air conditioner in our room had a very foul smell coming from it when it was on. It gave off a mildew odor. I have a very severe mold and mildew allergy, so this made my stay uncomfortable because I couldn't run the AC without feeling sick. The rooms get very hot without the AC on, so I didn't really sleep at all during my stay. I can't sleep if I am too hot,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We will stay at the Days Inn again next time. We have a suite which was large but beat-up and not all together clean. The top of refrigerator hasn't been cleaned in years. I am 6' and it is a Small fridge so it is easy to see. Other things were not too clean, stains on the walls etc. Front desk people were friendly but the maid wouldn't even say hello even though she blocked the door out of the elevator, she just went about her business as though we weren't there and she wasn't blocking our way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed August 27, 2012

There aren't a lot of three-star hotels in Statesboro (at least per Priceline). As a matter of fact, there's one. There are two 2.5 star hotels (and probably soon a third, a Hampton). The rest are 2 star or lower. The other 2.5 star is a Springhill, and the 3 star is a Holiday Inn; both are NOT cheap. This is the best of the rest. Computers in rooms are nice, if you have some patience in their abilities. Nice TV's and DVD's. The real nice thing is free movie rental downstairs. They could use a few more kids' titles, but that's okay. Decent swimming pool.

Some of the rooms are not great; I've been here twice. The first time was a double, and it was tiny, especially the bathroom. A cracked outlet plate wasn't nice either. However, the second time I stayed I got a King (as Priceline still books smoking rooms when available; really stupid) and the staff was nice enough to get me a non-smoking King upgrade, although it was on a smoking floor. I will say I'm surprised hotels still allow smoking; note to staff: stop!

Another note: beware the lobby "business center" computers. I got a ton of virus warnings, so don't surf sensitive data. I would not recomment that in the rooms either.

Oh, and the bathroom in the king had a jacuzzi tub and TV! And the couch was a pullout.

Room Tip: Call ahead and specify non-smoking or non-smoking floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel staff was nice, but the rooms were nasty. There was trash on the floor, the bathroom was not clean and before we could even sleep on the beds we went to the local walmart and bought Lysol. The breakfast might have been good if you were able to actually get something to eat and there were no utensil to even eat with. Had two reservations at the hotel, we tried to cancel the second one but the staff was notat the desk and I would need to call back in a little while. As eveyone says someone needs to give this hotel a deep cleaning!!

Tifton
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family and I stay at the Baymont Inn frequently due to my son attending Georgia Southern University. It is very convenient to all areas of Statesboro. I always enjoy staying here and the staff are all exceptionally friendly. Beds are very comfortable and we always like to check out the free DVDs! This visit, however, I did notice that the room was not as clean as they normally are (especially the bathroom) and I would also say as previous customers have said that this hotel could definitely benefit from a very thorough deep cleaning. My family will continue to stay here as long as housekeeping continues to improve. As a side note...breakfast is always great!!!

Jasper, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The staff here is great and the breakfast is pretty good. The rooms were ok but the hotel itself really needs a heavy duty cleaning. They seem to be doing some remodeling so maybe that's on the agenda.

Minnesota
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We needed a place to stay for 3 weeks while my husband was down here with his job. We chose this hotel because of price and the fact we could have adjoining rooms as we have 2 children. I was worried when we first arrived at how it did not look so clean. By the next day I seen how the cleaning staff did such a good job at cleaning it all up. There had been alot of college kids and parents in town for college orientation and registration so therefore the hotel was quite full. The entire staff here has been nothing but kind and helpful. The kids loved the pool. The whole staff made our extended stay very comforting.Thanks to you all!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business