All reviewshot breakfastpillow topin towngeorgia southern universityratescampus
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel staff was nice, but the rooms were nasty. There was trash on the floor, the bathroom was not clean and before we could even sleep on the beds we went to the local walmart and bought Lysol. The breakfast might have been good if you were able to actually get something to eat and there were no utensil to even eat with. Had two reservations at the hotel, we tried to cancel the second one but the staff was notat the desk and I would need to call back in a little while. As eveyone says someone needs to give this hotel a deep cleaning!!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family and I stay at the Baymont Inn frequently due to my son attending Georgia Southern University. It is very convenient to all areas of Statesboro. I always enjoy staying here and the staff are all exceptionally friendly. Beds are very comfortable and we always like to check out the free DVDs! This visit, however, I did notice that the room was not as clean as they normally are (especially the bathroom) and I would also say as previous customers have said that this hotel could definitely benefit from a very thorough deep cleaning. My family will continue to stay here as long as housekeeping continues to improve. As a side note...breakfast is always great!!!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The staff here is great and the breakfast is pretty good. The rooms were ok but the hotel itself really needs a heavy duty cleaning. They seem to be doing some remodeling so maybe that's on the agenda.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We needed a place to stay for 3 weeks while my husband was down here with his job. We chose this hotel because of price and the fact we could have adjoining rooms as we have 2 children. I was worried when we first arrived at how it did not look so clean. By the next day I seen how the cleaning staff did such a good job at cleaning it all up. There had been alot of college kids and parents in town for college orientation and registration so therefore the hotel was quite full. The entire staff here has been nothing but kind and helpful. The kids loved the pool. The whole staff made our extended stay very comforting.Thanks to you all!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at the Baymont Inn for one night with a girlfriend and our 4 young children. Overall, the experience was poor. However, this hotel does have some positive qualities, and I will list them first.

The front desk staff was very friendly, and check-in was a breeze. The lobby/breakfast area was small but appeared to be well-maintained. The pool was also small, but the kids enjoyed it. The room itself was quite large for $99/night. Our suite had a separate bedroom with a king bed, a sofa bed in the living area, and a kitchen, including a full-size refrigerator, which was very convenient. It also had a jacuzzi tub (although its placement in the living room was a bit odd) and a DVD player. There was a library of complimentary DVD rentals in the lobby, but I did not have the opportunity to check it out.

Unfortunately, this was all overshadowed by our dirty, dirty room. There was trash on the floor (I had to wrestle a stray piece of candy, left by a previous guest, out of my daughter's mouth - GROSS!). There was trash underneath and behind the furniture (visible during normal use of the room). When I changed the liner in the garbage can, there was quite a lot of trash on the bottom of it. The sheets on the sofa bed had multiple stains, and the blanket was tattered around the edges. The sinks were grimy, the air conditioning unit was dirty, and there was just an overall feeling of filth in the room.

When we arrived, our room did not contain one single towel (although this was quickly rectified by housekeeping). The desk chair was also missing, and the phone lines were not operating correctly. Oddest of all, despite having a FULL kitchen (refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, microwave, mini-range), our suite did not contain one single kitchen item. No plates. No cups. No utensils. What's the purpose of a dishwasher if there aren't any dishes? I'm not sure if this is typical for all of the suites in this hotel or if it was another oversight by housekeeping.

I should also mention that I found the complimentary breakfast to be sub-par. They served instant coffee from a machine - ick! There was a waffle machine, and a couple of hot items, but our party mostly stuck with cereal.

I will not be returning to this hotel. However, for a traveler on a budget who can overlook all of the above, this is a large room for a great price. And it's safer and cleaner than the Howard Johnsons down the street.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends