“Very Friendly”

Baymont Inn & Suites Statesboro
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We needed a place to stay for 3 weeks while my husband was down here with his job. We chose this hotel because of price and the fact we could have adjoining rooms as we have 2 children. I was worried when we first arrived at how it did not look so clean. By the next day I seen how the cleaning staff did such a good job at cleaning it all up. There had been alot of college kids and parents in town for college orientation and registration so therefore the hotel was quite full. The entire staff here has been nothing but kind and helpful. The kids loved the pool. The whole staff made our extended stay very comforting.Thanks to you all!!!!!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at the Baymont Inn for one night with a girlfriend and our 4 young children. Overall, the experience was poor. However, this hotel does have some positive qualities, and I will list them first.

The front desk staff was very friendly, and check-in was a breeze. The lobby/breakfast area was small but appeared to be well-maintained. The pool was also small, but the kids enjoyed it. The room itself was quite large for $99/night. Our suite had a separate bedroom with a king bed, a sofa bed in the living area, and a kitchen, including a full-size refrigerator, which was very convenient. It also had a jacuzzi tub (although its placement in the living room was a bit odd) and a DVD player. There was a library of complimentary DVD rentals in the lobby, but I did not have the opportunity to check it out.

Unfortunately, this was all overshadowed by our dirty, dirty room. There was trash on the floor (I had to wrestle a stray piece of candy, left by a previous guest, out of my daughter's mouth - GROSS!). There was trash underneath and behind the furniture (visible during normal use of the room). When I changed the liner in the garbage can, there was quite a lot of trash on the bottom of it. The sheets on the sofa bed had multiple stains, and the blanket was tattered around the edges. The sinks were grimy, the air conditioning unit was dirty, and there was just an overall feeling of filth in the room.

When we arrived, our room did not contain one single towel (although this was quickly rectified by housekeeping). The desk chair was also missing, and the phone lines were not operating correctly. Oddest of all, despite having a FULL kitchen (refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, microwave, mini-range), our suite did not contain one single kitchen item. No plates. No cups. No utensils. What's the purpose of a dishwasher if there aren't any dishes? I'm not sure if this is typical for all of the suites in this hotel or if it was another oversight by housekeeping.

I should also mention that I found the complimentary breakfast to be sub-par. They served instant coffee from a machine - ick! There was a waffle machine, and a couple of hot items, but our party mostly stuck with cereal.

I will not be returning to this hotel. However, for a traveler on a budget who can overlook all of the above, this is a large room for a great price. And it's safer and cleaner than the Howard Johnsons down the street.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Great hotel and staff. The cleaniness of this one of the best I have seen in a long time. I was in town for SOAR with my daughter. I read the previous reviews and thought hmmmm, should I try this place. I did and much to my amaze the other review were WRONG!! So future travelers to this hotel, please dont believe what you read. Had a awesome time at this hotel.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I read the reviews that said it could use a little cleaning, but I was not prepared for what I found. The room I stayed in had SEVERAL hairs on the floor in the bathroom. The vent in the bathroom had a layer of dust so thick that it did not operate property until I took a washcloth and wiped it off and the tub was awful. I stayed two days and, while the bed was made, the bathroom was not cleaned at all, just towels replaced. Room smelled moldy. The computer area was so sticky I didn't want to use it. It's a shame, because I loved having the big tv, beds were more comfortable than the usual hotel room and I would have loved to use the computer, but when you see the obvious dirt, you have to wonder about the not obvious. Made me wonder if they had really changed the sheets before I got there. This is the first bad review I have ever written, but I had to warn those of you, like me, that think the other bad reviews are just overly picky - not so. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Baymont Inn was ranked one of the top in Statesboro in 2009 and 10, but the cleaning staff must have been let go since then. The hotel itself is average in appearance and the room looks fine when you first step in, but the carpet was filthy, there were dirty socks left on the air unit by a previous resident, and when I pulled out the dresser to fix the tv which wasn't working it was clear that the room hadn't been vaccumed in quite a while. The beds were clean and fresh, great wide screen tv and evidence of other attemps to update, but furniture surfaces were sticky, and the dryer in the bathroom was so dirty I wouldn't touch it without a towel. I don't mind an older facility, but there is no excuse for dirty.
I will sayl that the front desk help was as friendly and helpful as any I have ever seen, and the breakfast was great. Price was quite reasonable, but I would pay more next time to stay somewhere that I felt comfortable walking barefoot on the carpet.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and the rooms were a bit warm - the room air unit worked but the room didn...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I don't know what any reviewers were smoking that said this was a great place for the money. I found the breakfast area furniture completely unusable (referring to the cloth sofas). Nearly every common area I visited was dirty with trash around the floor and trash containers overflowing. I had to check out 4 rooms, just to take the best of the worst, as it were. Hairs in the sink, floors, INSIDE the mini fridge and I didn't even want to walk barefoot on the carpet (hairball in plain sight). I have photos of all this stuff, so I'll try my best to post some. (NOTE: At this point I am not having luck posting the pics, but will try again, if this system allows me). I arrived late both nights, so I was stuck there. My main goal was my kid's orientation for school. The second night when I arrived, I tried to get out of the room, but was told it was too late in the evening. For the record, the evening manager, Brian, was as helpful as he could be. I talked to the General Manager, also named Brian early the next day when checking out. I told him my displeasure, then showed him the photos and he actually credited me back my money for the stay. I thought this was a great gesture on his part, so I'm not knocking him at all and truly appreciated it. From what he said, he was aware of the issues, but his hands were tied. By writing this, I'm only hoping to help anyone else avoid the place. I surely will not return. I did check some other places before I left, including inside the rooms and all were WAY cleaner and nicer, so I'll be using them next time. What I don't understand is this place seems content on losing customers that could be returning on various occasions for 4 years of their kid's college! Why not invest some money in the place??

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here because my mother-in-law was having emergency surgery at the local hotel. We read the reviews and thought okay we will stay worst mistake EVER!! The front desk staff was rude. The room had an odor and the worst thing the sheets had blood stains on them. If my mother-in-law was not sick we would have went back home to Atlanta. Stay away from here unless you want to deal with nastiness and rude customer service!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends