“Perfect for our needs”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Mableton, Georgia
“Perfect for our needs”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The staff is fabulous. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel offers a whole wall of DVDs for viewing in the rooms, free of charge. That made my daughter happy. There is a free hot breakfast, computers and free WiFi in each room. That made us both happy.
The furniture is older and not in new condition, but it's well cared for and comfortable.

I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Nokomis, Fl
Reviewed July 8, 2011

On a positive note, the staff was very friendly, especially Kevin, the room was spacious, enjoyed the coffee and orange juice, new shower curtain, and the bed was comfortable.

The lack of cleanliness was not acceptable for example: The room;Could not see out of the frosted window, entire room dusty, not clean behind furniture or in the corners, mirrors were spotted, tub was black on the bottom, bathroom floor black, light switch at an angle in bathroom, furniture needs replacing, some of the white towels did not look white, roach spotted on bar sink, ice maker broken on our floor, and a non smoking room had a burn on the sink. The pool was cloudy, the white tile around the top was black, trash container full and smelly, trash around the pool area. I dusted the room myself and sent my husband out for a Mr. Clean sponge to clean the tub prior to using. I would hope you will value my opinion and will strive to resolve these issues for future guests.

Room Tip: I would not suggest staying here
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My friends and I attended a wedding in Statesboro last weekend. I picked this hotel thinking it was the best I could find in this relatively small town. It was close to the reception venue and wouldn't require driving too much. After staying one night, I really wish I would have picked a hotel further out and driven. This place was awful! It was smelly, damp, dirty, in a bad part of town and just plain uninviting. The maids all wore scrubs making you feel like you were staying in a hospital instead of a hotel. It did have a computer with access to the Internet, but that feature didn't outweigh all the negatives about this hotel. The Holiday Inn across town is probably a better deal if you like clean.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I agree with Elvis on previous review. The smoke in the hall is really bad non-smoking rooms are on the floor with the smoking rooms. So if you smoke then it will be not prob. The room it self was nice, but not that clean watch out for hair all over the room sheets was not that tidy either. Another customer ask for a new spread b/c there was blood on hers. So as title says It's OK Great breakfast tho.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vionner
covington, GA
Reviewed May 13, 2011

2 nights for business travel. College graduation and a college softball tourney had booked the rooms at the better hotels. I booked on priceline just to find a room. Check in and lobby were good. Got up to 4th floor, a non-smoking floor, and it smelled strongly of fresh cigarettes. My room said non-smoking and all the rooms around me were also. As an asthmatic, I'm extremely sensitive to odors, so I had asthma for 2 days while here. But when patrons ignore the non-smoking signs, it's hopeless. I would have thought the housekeeping staff could at least deodorized the hallways......but that didn't happen. The room was okay, pretty worn. Shower stall floor looked like it hasn't had a major scrubbing in a few months. Parts of sofa were sticking out the bottom and sides. And to cap it all off, the Priceline quote did not include all the taxes/fees/addons and it was $20 more. I called the front desk x 3 to ask about the upcharge and nobody answered. I carried a load out to my car and they were all sitting out in front of the building. Glad I wasn't dying.

2 conclusions :
1. I won't stay here again. I'll sleep in my car first
2. Watch Priceline - very frustrating when the $ jump up.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Elvis4vr
Georgia
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I arrived in Statesboro unplanned, not having been able to find an acceptable pet-friendly motel in either Baxley or Metter. How lucky that I should stumble across this one! The pet fee is a reasonable $ 10 and the room special was $ 59. The room was spacious and clean and included a pillowtop-mattress (very comfortable), a mini-kitchen (sink, microwave, refrigerator), a large flat-screen TV w/DVD player, and a computer - that's right, not only did it have WiFi and high-speed internet access, it had a nice Dell computer in the room. The motel also offers a small but well-balanced DVD selection for free movie rental. There was an issue with my remote which was resolved promptly by the front desk staff. My dog was welcomed hassle-free and allowed to enter through the lobby and ride the elevators. I travel alone so safety is a major concern and this motel felt very safe and quiet. It is located within walkable (sidewalks!) walking distance of the beautiful downtown district (20 minutes, 2 minutes by car). Staff was very friendly and easy-going. Kevin Gall (morning shift) gave me lots of great tips as to what to see in the area. The evening shift lady was also very helpful. This is not a 5-star hotel, I am sure there are "nicer" (more luxurious) places to stay but for the budget-minded traveler the value they offer is simply unbeatable. I liked it so much I would have stayed another night but I had to move on. Will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank MilkaWay
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I would like to thank Tasha at the front desk as she was very helpful and had a pleasant personality. The Housekeeping Dept. was very professional.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family