“I Was Most Impressed!”

Millhouse Steakhouse Statesboro
Ranked #1 of 163 Restaurants in Statesboro
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A locally owned Steakhouse with a wide variety of menu options to suite everyone's tastes. Lounge is open late.
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Once in awhile one stumbles across a restaurant, that is sooooooo nice, that one is impressed beyond expectations.

I knew I was going to be in Statesboro last Saturday night and had decided I'd eat at the Millhouse a couple weeks earlier after reading reviews at TA. I also checked out their web site, but I still wanted to call them and check to see if they have a "happy hour". It turns out their down-to-earth drink prices are valid all the time. The girl on the phone was very, very nice, and I even made an advanced reservation --- she thought it advisable.

When I arrived at 7:00pm on Saturday evening, the parking lot was completely full, people were parking on the grass, and people were waiting for free tables. I walked inside and told the host I had made a reservation ten days earlier. He was taken aback (as it is not regularly done so far in advance, I guess), and then the hostess said, "Oh, I saved him "such and such" booth. The host took me immediately to my waiting booth.

The menu is expansive, to say the least. They have everything from Ahi Tuna to Nachos to Steak. It is varied, to say the least. I had mussels (under appetizers/small meals), first, and then the small ahi tuna wrap. It was a perfect dinner. And wine (several varieties) is a very reasonable $2.49/glass --- or one can order wine by the bottle, also.

Service was friendly, efficient, and could not have been better.

It was such a nice experience, that I would actually stop in Statesboro again just to have another dinner at The Millhouse. Statesboro is very fortunate to have such a great eating establishment.

Reviewed January 17, 2009

I am a Statesboro native and Millhouse is one of the best places to go in the boro! The food is amazing and so is the atmosphere. There is always a great band playing on the weekends! The bar is a fun place to go and have a drink with friends or family. They also have a nice porch with rocking chairs and tables. The staff are so friendly and inviting. If you come to Statesboro, you should definately try the Millhouse!

Reviewed December 24, 2008

Overpriced for what you get. The quality of the ribeye was marginal, at best [very tough]. The almond crusted tilapia was way too sweet. The meatloaf was ok, but dry. The best part of the meal was the beer [the right temp], and the steak fries. The waitress was nice and very accommodating, but the food will not bring us back.

Reviewed October 3, 2008

My daughter recently got married in Statesboro. We had the dinner afterwards at the Milhouse. The service was great. The food was excellent. I was amazed at how accomodating the people were. I would go back anytime.

1  Thank lovetotravel263
Reviewed August 27, 2008

My son is in college at Ga Southern, my husband and I took him and some of his friends to eat here. The food was excellent and the service was super. The tomato and basil dip is a must try when you go here. All of us had different entrees and all of them were good. The price is very reasonable. For 6 of us including appetizers 130.00. I think our server was Brett and our glasses were never empty and we never had to ask twice for anything.

Our experience, a must go back one.

2  Thank medievaltimes