“bad experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millhouse Steakhouse

Millhouse Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 148 Restaurants in Statesboro
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Statesboro, Georgia
“bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I went there on Wed, Jan 4th, 2012 to celebrate her birthday. After we ordered, it took way too long for the food to arrive. I ordered the cajun covered spicy steak, medium cooked. I asked the waitress if they could cook the steak as ordered. She said yes. I asked if I ordered it medium, would it be pink on the inside. She said yes. When I got the steak, I cut into it and blood starting running out. It was very rare. I sent it back so they could cook it some more. When I got it back, it still wasn't cooked like it was supposed to be, but I ate it anyway. There was no seasoning on it at all. No salt or pepper and definitely no cajun seasoning.
My wife ordered the 14 oz new york strip steak, cooked well. Her steak was tough and had way to much gristle in it for a new york strip. It looked more like sirloin. Her baked potato was cold and hard on the inside.
The service was not too good either. I asked for extra dressing for my salad. It took over five minutes to get it. I had coke to drink and my wife had sprite. Each time I needed a refill, my glass was empty before she brought another drink, except one time. I do drink a lot when I eat. The restaurant was not crowded at all. I saw no excuse for the service to be that slow.
This was our first time going and it will be our last.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank larry f

Vidalia, Georgia
“WORST Service EVER...Manager no help either”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Our family went this evening for a birthday celebration. There was 9 in our party so you can expect some extra time with meal but what we went through tonight was awful. First the toddler was given a glass of BUTTERMILK instead of milk...Appetizers the order was not correct. One small loaf of bread was left on a small serving plate(for 9 people) no condiments at all. Other tables in restaurant were served bread on rectangle plates with several option of oils. Two of the entrees were delivered wrong items and this was after a 2 HOUR WAIT. Child's plate was forgotten and didn't arrive until the adults had finished. WE spoke to the manager who apologized but offered no excuse or help. Bills were given out by hand(not in typical leather folders) all with 18% tip INCLUDED! WE WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK HERE!!!!

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank G-Ma30474
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Steak was not fit to eat and the rest of the meal was no better. Service was poor and i would not waste your money.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank josephwrj
Monroe, Louisiana
“Good again...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Second time eating here with six months in between and the food once again was really good. The service is a little slow but the food is hot and fresh. Dinner for three with two seafood appetizers was about $70 plus tip. Way better than the chain restaurants in town

Lake City
“Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

Traveled to see a friend living in Statesboro. Ate at Millhouse Restuarant. All of us (5)
ordered steaks. The waitress was very good, never allowing my husband to run out of tea and that is an accomplishment as he is a big tea drinker. The steaks were cooked to everyone's liking and were seasoned well. I would give this restuarant a 9 out of ten.
We will go back , noticed other towns with Millhouse Restuarants listed and have told friends to try them out.

• Visited May 2011