“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here back in February and am just now reviewing:)

I was shocked that this was a Holiday Inn, it felt much nicer in my opinion, in every aspect. We arrived on a Friday night after 11:00 and the front desk personnel was very friendly and check in was a breeze.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cumming, GA
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We were in town for an event my son was involved in at GSU. The best feature of this hotel is the location. There is a Chili's with a take-out door literally in the parking lot, and a large shopping center that is an easy walk across the street with many stores and restaurants (including an Olive Garden). The hotel is the new style Holiday Inn and is very updated and clean with ample, convenient parking. The staff was pleasant enough but not overly attentive. This may have been influenced by a large, loud group that was there at the same time for a wedding. That is not the hotel's fault. My only complaint is that the tv in the room would get frozen up where you could not do anything to it. When we called, they told us to unplug the tv and plug it back in. That did work, but we had to repeat it many times. It sounds like they knew exactly what was happening so it makes me wonder why they don't fix it. That is very annoying when you just want to chill and watch tv (which is what I typically do in a hotel room). In the end, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rvkris
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Statesboro University Area, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about the TV! We look forward to seeing you again for more GSU events.
Moultrie, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2012

As an employee of the IHG group I was very disappointed with my stay in Statesboro, GA. The staff was not friendly, I was told false information on the type of room I wanted to reserve prior to making my reservation. The Emma's restaurant located in the hotel served a cold breakfast bar, the servers were not friendly. The last night I stayed there, I called the front desk to as if the room above us could tone it down so we could sleep, the front desk attendant assured me she would handle the situation, tens minutes later the noise got louder and I called back to see if she asked the other guys if they could be moved, and the front desk attendant hung up on me. I will not be staying at this hotel again. As an employee of the HIG group, I was very disappointed and embarrassed to be treated like I was.

The only thing that I liked about the hotel was it was very clean and housekeeping did a good job.

Room Tip: The top floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brittnee L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Statesboro University Area, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Brittnee L,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel April 27-28 while visiting my son at Georgia Southern. The front desk staff was friendly and worked quickly. When I asked about a luggage cart, one employee searched the hotel floors trying to find one. He was unsuccessful, so I went to start unloading my luggage from the car. The other front desk associate soon came out to the parking lot with a cart for my use. I have never experienced this level of assistance from any hotel. I want to thank them for their efforts.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Tim A
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn in Statesboro for the past 2 years. This past weekend the rate was increased to $140.00 per night, we decided to stay at the Comfort inn Suite, bad idea. The Comfort Inn Suite has roaches, filthy and an odor. We checked out at 3:30am and immediately went to the Holiday Inn. To our suprise, the room was $99.00. I was so pleased and as the cliche goes, you get what you pay for. From now on, it will be the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shanda S
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My husband and I were attending an event in nearby Claxton, GA, and not knowing anything about the area, I was hesitant to stay at a local "inn". The Holiday Inn in Statesboro was clean, modern, and efficiently managed.

The only drawback was the cost. When we called to book the room, we were told that the lowest online advertised rate was no longer available, so we ended up paying $159 plus taxes for the room. Though nice, this is NOT a $159 night establishment. Perhaps if we had been there for more than 10 hrs to enjoy all the amenities, I would feel differently. But as is, I was feeling a bit disappointed for having paid so much for the stay. For that reason only, I would not likely return.

But if you can get a better deal on a room, go for it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DinainJax
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The front desk staff is top notch. I wish all customer service personnel received training in Georgia. Every staff member we spoke to and needed assistance from was excellent. The rooms and lobbies were all very clean and very nicely appointed. The pillows were terrific! I did not eat in the restaurant but my colleagues did and they were pleased with the food. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business