“food and bakery items are excellent! Counter service can be inconsistent”
Review of McEntyre's Bakery

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McEntyre's Bakery
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Smyrna
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Love the bakery and specials from McEntyre's. Tonight we are enjoying chicken and veggie soup - a special today announced to their e-mail distribution list. Wonderful on this cold night w McEntyre's corn muffins! Also love their donut boys, Aunt Virginia's cheeseball, breads - esp pumpkin, and cheese straws. Love the folks at McEntyre's too - a family run business. Pearl is terrific at the front counter. The newer Associates are a bit inconsistent - sometimes we get home and are missing an item or two from our order. This has happened more than a couple of times. Last Saturday, they were out of iced tea at 2pm, and the gal at the front counter fussed about having to make it. There were 2 other customers also wanting to get iced tea, too, and everyone was willing to wait. We waited 10 minutes for it to be made - after the first Associate had to get someone else to make it (she didn't know how). It was worth it - but sometimes the disorganization up front takes away from an otherwise wonderful experience. If you are in a hurry - call ahead and enjoy

There are newer reviews for McEntyre's Bakery

Reviewed August 13, 2013

McEntyre's is keeping it real - they have no pretenses & are not out there trying to razzle dazzle anyone w/ the latest bakery fads. But most everything I've ever had there has definitely impressed me & keeps me going back for more. I like the "old-fashioned" feeling - it reminds me of a bakery we went to growing up. Some of my favorite McEntyre's treats are: cookies - chocolate chip, double chocolate chip & oatmeal raisin (best I've ever had), cake squares - white cake, chocolate, & strawberry (that's my favorite of the 3 flavors), cannolis (best I've ever had to date), their pumpkin pie & little yeast rolls were big hits at our party last Christmas, their sandwiches (get the pasta salad as your side) are also very good - club croissant & kickin' chicken wrap are my favorites. I will say the least impressive thing I've had was their chicken salad - they say it's a top seller but I didn't find it too exciting - kind of bland. But I really doubt you can go wrong w/ any of their sweet treats - I haven't been disappointed with any of them at all. I wish I could try something new from their bakery every day but a girl's gotta watch her figure! Seriously, this is a local business I would definitely recommend supporting. We need to keep these kinds of small shops open. So please give them a try - even it's just a cookie (but I bet you can't eat just one!). Yum!!!

1  Thank Goochorama
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Cakes, cookies, pies.,,.it's all good and the prices are reasonable. And they can do almost anything you need with a special occasion cake.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have yet to find a cake to compare to McEntyre's my family has purchased special orders from them for all events in our family. My birthdays, graduations, wedding and then I bought for their 25th Anniversary. I have never had an éclair to even touch theirs. Keep up the good work! Locally and family owned.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our ONE year wedding anniversary March 2013. We purchased our wedding cake from McEntyre's Bakery. Traditionally, we saved the top layer of our cake to eat one year later. We were unsure how it would taste after being stored in the freezer for a year. Surprisingly, it was as fresh and delicious as it was on our wedding day!! Ryan was friendly and professional to work with at our cake tasting. We recommend McEntyre's for any occasion!

1  Thank LoveBird32012