“Good for your money”

Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Not the fanciest hotel, but it was great for the money spent. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Parking is great, and the hotel is reasonably close to quite a few fast food places. I'd stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Vanessa C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with our hotel here in the beautiful city of Atlanta. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations and that our location suited your needs during your trip. Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope that we may serve you again in the future should your travels return you to the Metro Atlanta area.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

First off let me say that Roshondla (I am sorry, I know I butchered the spelling of her name) was WONDERFUL when I checked in. She didn't have the type of room that I requested but she walked out of the office and went to speak with housekeeping to find a room for me that was ready & close to what I had requested. She had an amazing personality and was very friendly. The housekeeper, Carmen was also very friendly and assisted me without any hesitation. Pros: Great location, the room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, great price for the location and EXCELLENT customer service. Cons: The room that I stayed in was pretty out dated with old furniture, the linens in the bathroom and on the bed had many hairs on them, the wifi was very slow (but it worked!) and the customer base isn't the best. I could hear people going and coming all hours of the night, people hanging in the parking lot until early morning hours. Tonight, my last night here I couldn't sleep hearing people coming & going. Finally around 3:30 am I had to call the front desk & then 911 because there was a group of people (looked like teenagers) fighting in the parking lot. Not play fighting but real fighting with people running around screaming & throwing things. A few car loads left when they heard the police sirens & the rest ran into rooms. Anyway, that is not the hotels fault but I guess when the prices are so low that is what you are going to run into. I have to get up in an hour, so I probably won't get any sleep tonight. Anyway, over all great hotel with top notch customer service, if they upgraded the rooms and maybe had over night security in the parking lot it would help a lot. With the location, I actually wouldn't mind paying a little more for the room then. As I always say, I don't get Red Roof not having irons or ironing boards.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Vanessa C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

As a seasoned traveler such as yourself, your compliments of our inn mean a great deal. Shalonda was grateful for the accolade. We take pride in providing the best service possible and your review reinforces that. I apologize about the noisy activity in the parking lot. If there is ever a concern or issue while on Red Roof Inn, please contact the front desk immediately and allow us to address it. We have someone available at all times to assure our guests are taken care of during their stay. I understand that you have many choices when traveling and we appreciate that you choose us. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stay at this hotel when I am in Atlanta. It nice for the price. Convenient to the events I attend. Check in and out is aways a nice experience because of Forrest Castille. My son is in a wheelchair and we have no probblems getting him in and out of the room. Parking is also good. I need a room to shower and rest and this hotel serves that purpose. I do recomend this hotel to others that are looking for the same thing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I would like to take this opportunity to say “Thank You”. Our staff takes great pride in what we do each day. Your mention of Forrest is very flattering and appreciated. I have to say, we do have some of the finest Guest Services Representatives around. As a seasoned traveler, you know how important it is to find a nice place. I want to thank you for putting us in that category. We value your business and thank you for sharing your comments with others. We will see you again on your travels back to Atlanta.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Check-in was slow and they had lost my reservation. The guy was nice though and got me a room. Room was what you would expect for 40.00. Beds were comfortable. The room smelled like someone had been drinking a strong alcoholic drink in it and was musty. It hits you the moment you open the door.It was fairly quiet. One of the towels had obviously not been replaced from the previous guest...eew. One nice touch was the top sheet folded down about two feet over the blanket so you did not have to have your face on a blanket someone else had drooled on. Overall, I would not stay here again unless I was broke. It served my purpose well for the time I was there but definitely not anything to rave about.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly sorry about the unhurried service you received at check in and the quality of towels. Because your comfort is our number one priority, we ask our guests to contact the front desk, should there be any concern with their guestroom and allow us to address it. We want to make your stay a pleasant one, thus we have someone available twenty four hours a day. Thank you for your business, I hope you give us another chance on your return trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This Red Roof Inn is in a good location. The room was clean. The negatives are the lack of any breakfast. I was supposed to have express check in but my wife and I stood there 10 to 15 minutes while the guy fumbled around and finally checked us in. The second night there were people outside talking really loud at midnight. Where was security? Also difficulty turn on to street off of Windy Hill Road.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vanessa C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with our property during your stay in the Atlanta, Georgia. We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations; however we noticed that you did experienced a lengthy check in and individuals speaking outside. We are very pleased that it was brought to our attention and taken care of that evening. Despite how busy we might be the comfort and satisfaction of our guest is our number one priority. Thank you again and we all look forward to serving you again in the future should your travels return you to our area.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Nice stay for a very low price. Convenient location. Front desk check-in and check-out was great. Room is what you would expect. Only complaints were that the tv remote did not work, one of the lamps did not work, and the a/c did not blow very cold air. Also, the room had that older, musty type of smell. Overall I was pleased with the stay, these were minor issues. We checked in very late after a long day of driving, so I was not worried about bringing these issue up to the staff. I use hotels to sleep and take a shower, nothing more.

Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Thanks so much for your review; we really appreciate you taking of your time to share your experience with us and other travelers. As part of our standards of services, our front desk staff calls our guests within 20 minutes of check in, to give our guests the opportunity to change, get comfortable and make sure the room is as requested. Our front desk staff is available twenty four hours a day to provide our guests additional towels, remote controls, air conditioner controls and assist in making your stay a pleasant visit.

Our management and staff are committed to providing a high level of service for our guests. We look forward to serving you again, next time you are in the Atlanta area.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I were visiting Atlanta for a weekend church meeting. I recommended this hotel to several other church members who also stayed here. So I was nervous upon arrival to see if the rooms would meet my recommendations. After asking around, I found out that everyone was satisfied with the rooms. They were very clean and comfortable. The lady who checked us in was very friendly and conversated with us. We later found out that she was from the same city in South Carolina that we are from. The location is right off of I-75 and is only 15 minutes from downtown Atlanta where alot of the attractions are located. There is a Target behind the hotel and there are many fast food restaurants nearby. Smyrna is an upscale side of Atlanta so the area is really good. The only problems we had was that someone must have smoked in the room because it smelled like cigarettes and it was a non-smoking room. However, when we called to the front desk, the lady offered to change our room with no hesitation. But we decided to keep it and she came to the room to spray it- and it did help alittle. To me this was not the hotel's fault, its just that hotels get selfish guests who don't respect the restrictions of a non-smoking room and smoke anyway and don't recognize how this will affect future non-smoking guests. The bathrooms were also clean but they only provided minimal towels. But considering this is a 2-star hotel, I could'nt complain. Overall, I would recommend it to anyone traveling on a budget and need a clean comfortable room to stay in while traveling to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Bring an iron (and possibly a compact ironing board) because the hotel does not provide them in any...