“Buffet with lots of North & South Indian cuisine options”

Swapna Indian Cuisine
Ranked #27 of 211 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Atlanta, Georgia
“Buffet with lots of North & South Indian cuisine options”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant quite a number of times over the last two years. The dinner is expensive; however, the food is much tastier when compared to the buffet lunch. The lunch buffet offers a wider variety of choice, particularly during weekends when you would find South Indian dishes. But, the buffet food quality is not so great and understandably is served with generic spice levels which may not be to one's liking; sometimes the food is also less hot. I like the chicken tandoori, chicken tikka masala, butter chicken, goat curry and biryani dishes in this restaurant. Food is prepared with proper masala (spices) and is quite aromatic. The restaurant is a decent option in an area where authentic and quality Indian food restaurants are very limited.

• Visited May 2012

kennesaw
“Hair in the Food”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We found hair in the food twice in one visit, one hair was in dessert and the other was found in the curried goat. We showed both to the same waiter he had nothing to say about it. Upon checking out we told the cashier and he didn't have anything to say. This was one horrible experience for me and my family.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Ravi n
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Indian food in a city where that is hard to find”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I'm rather new to exploring Indian food, but it is a new obsession, so I've spent a lot of time online reading reviews for Indian food in Atlanta. It seems that those "in the know" lament the lack of good Indian restaurants in the area; Swapna is consistently listed as one of the best ones, and "authentic". So I talked my out of town guests into going; we were the only non-Indians in the place, and it was fairly busy on a weeknight, so we took those as good signs. The menu was extensive; as a novice, I wish it had more descriptions in it (it seemed to be geared to people who understood the terms.) The service was professional, but reserved, and the waiter wasn't very helpful in describing the various dishes, or telling us about ingredients. There were TVS mounted up high that blasted Bollywood videos; the music was a nice touch, just a bit too loud for me, and I found the video distracted me from my dining companions. The three of us REALLY enjoyed our food. I loved the papadum -- I think I could have rated three baskets! The naan was very good; my Tandoori chicken was delicious, but next time I will order just it, and not the platter, as I enjoyed it much more than the accompaniments. My friends loved their Vindaloo and shrimp curry, We left quite full, and vowed to come again to work our way through the menu.

• Visited March 2012
ATLANTA
“Pleasant people”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Average food. Lunch buffet a good value. the staff is very pleasant.

Visited February 2012
“Fantastic food.”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Had a friend refer this place and it was awesome. The food was just the right ammount of spicy. 70% of the people in there were Indian so you know it's legit.

1 Thank Ashybooty

Been to Swapna Indian Cuisine? Share your experiences!