“Best Place to Ride with Kids”
Review of Silver Comet Trail

Silver Comet Trail
Atlanta, Georgia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Best Place to Ride with Kids”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went to this trail for the first time with 10, 9, 7, 6 and 2 years old kids. The babies were in a trailer and the rest of the kids rode their bikes. We had so much fun and didn't feel like we were riding for a long time. We all absolutely loved it. The place was covered with grown trees, shady and beautiful. You can smell the trees and plants all around. It can get crowded but I don't care. Public bathroom is always not a good thing so try to go before heading to the trail. We will definitely be back again.

Visited May 2013

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Can be a little crowded, avoid the bathrooms”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My daughter loves to ride her bike. So, I took her to the spot near the elementary school on a Sunday. It was really crowded and the bathroom at that location was dirty and without toilet paper. I really needed a place where my kids can ride freely without worrying about them running into someone.

Visited May 2013
Tucker, Georgia, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

It was a little crowded in spots, but a gorgeous long trail for walking or biking. In the fall the foliage was especially striking.

Visited November 2012
Lansing, MI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience Spring 2013”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I rode the whole trail between Sunday April 21, and Thursday April 25, 2013. We stayed in Hiram at the Country Inn and Suites, Sat. and Sun. night. For dinner we walked in to town on Saturday night and ate at the Olive Tree, great place. The trail was an easy mile on residential streets from the hotel. On Sunday-rode to Smyrna and back and stayed a second night at the Country Inn and Suites. On Monday we left the car at the motel (with permission), and headed out with panniers to Cedartown then Anniston. We wanted to eat at Frankie's in Rockmart for Lunch but they are closed on Mondays. The hills were intense but we made it. Stayed at the Country Hearth and Inn, which was adequate and very reasonably priced. Bad breakfast there though. Ate at Portobello's, and the Mexican Restaurant by Kroger's which was walking distance from the motel. Tuesday off to Anniston., stayed at the Parker house Inn. Scott and Megan and their two children were great. Scott and Megan provided transport to and from the trail. For dinner we walked into to town and ate at Peers. Good beer and good food. On Wednesday we headed back to Cedartown for a second night. Thursday back to Hiram for our car. The first section from Hiram to Smyrna was busy but expected for a Spring Sunday a.m. After that we practically had the trail to ourselves. The scenery was quite pleasant. Overall a great trip.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mary D
Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“DANGEROUS place to visit”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

When we went there we had to deal with loose pitbulls on the trail that were chasing us! My calf muscles got a hell of a work out. I am very glad my kids were not along for the visit as they wouldn't of been able to out peddle those dogs, and the results could of been horrific. A call to the local authorities was brushed off. Life-changing pitbull attacks are happening almost daily in Georgia now, so we will be taking this trail off our list of places to go. I hope they do something to restore safety to this state. Too many horrific maulings for the ride to be pleasant anymore especially when loose dogs are on the trail.

Visited March 2013