“Delightful surprise”

Mezza Luna Trattoria
Ranked #2 of 218 Restaurants in Smyrna
Dining options: Reservations
Description: mezzaluna pasta and seafood offers authentic italian food from chef Luigi tartaglione and tony strangolagalli. We make our own homemade pastas and sauces daily.We have fresh seafood daily and fresh salads. Come over and meet tony and luigi!
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Not terribly impressive from the outside, but don't let that fool you, this place is a little gem. I'm a big fan of all Italian dishes, but linguini in clam sauce is my favorite when properly done. Very few restaurants get it correctly, so I've been hesitant to order unless its specifically recommended. Mezza Luna had the best I've had in years, and my sweetie's chicken piccata was also stellar. Definately worth a visit for fans of well prepared Italian dishes.

1  Thank tonelogman

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had seen the parking lot full of cars at dinner time, so we had to try it for ourselves. It surpassed our expectations. Authentic Italian food and friendly atmosphere (you could even hear the chef speaking in Italian from the kitchen). The meal was fresh and flavorful. We look forward to coming back for another meal - or even just some more tiramisu!

1  Thank javaqueen16
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Since Tony and Luigi took over Mezza Luna in September, no one has walked away disappointed with their experience. The ambiance couldn't be more friendly; everyone is solicitous and makes sure that every aspect of your meal is perfect. The food is all prepared fresh and most of the pasta is made right there. The presentation is picture perfect; I am sorry I haven't taken any pictures when I've been there; I've been too busy eating. The pasta is cooked al dente and the seafood is cooked just right. The paninos are hefty and delicious and the homemade tiramisu is to die for. Prices are very reasonable. I wish I could eat there every day.

1  Thank Maryann W
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The menu was weak. The food was only do-able. We were excited when we saw the OPENING SOON sign and looked forward to having a quaint Italian restaurant in our neighborhood. It didn't work for us. We were very disappointed.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband found a write up in the local Smyrna paper about this place. We decided to try it for lunch. They do not offer the lunch menu on Sunday so we ate dinner. I had the chicken saltimbocca and my husband had a pasta dish with mussels, clams, and calamari. It was outstanding. The chef actually personally delivered our plates. The owner suggested a red wine that paired well with both of our meals. Since it was our first visit we were treated to a complimentary tiramisu. We will go,back again soon.

Been to Mezza Luna Trattoria? Share your experiences!