“My favorite sushi in Atlanta”

Minato Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 215 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Although I have been dining at Minato for many years, I had an occasion to have lunch with a colleague recently and I was delighted. Not much has changed over the years including the warm reception by the family who owns the restaurant. They remembered me and greeted me with a "welcome back.......long time, no see."

Although I normally eat at the sushi bar we chose a booth since we were discussing business. It was more private and quiet although the restaurant did become quite full by 12:15 or so. One thing I had forgotten is that the portions are generous. Some sushi restaurants cut small pieces of fish and attach large prices. Minato does not do that.

My colleague does not eat sushi but she had a lovely chicken and rice Teriyaki and I enjoyed several specialty rolls and some typical sushi (negiri style). The fish was fresh and tasty and the portions required two bites of the sushi servings. My cup was always full of fresh green tea and the service (as always) was outstanding.

This place is a little out of the way and not in a high profile location. But if you want a delightful and tasty sushi experience for lunch or dinner, try Minato. I am eagerly looking forward to a return trip and highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've been enjoying this restaurant for several years now. It's a bit of a drive for me but worth it. Not many Japanese restaurants still good nice size portions. Not so here!! Love the lunch

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We love this place and go as often as we can. Always friendly and excellent service. This is a family owned and operated business and we keep going back because we've never had better. Love the Rolls #1, #2 and #3! Can't beat the freshness of the sashimi!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been going to Minato since the early 1990's. The food is excellent. Still the best Sukiyaki in Atlanta. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I love this place. The sushi is always delish and the owners are always so friendly and helpful. Everything we have tried here is outstanding.