“OK Hotel, reasonably priced.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Stayed at this hotel, after a very long journey from England. Front desk staff could not do enough to help and make us welcome, and the room was clean. In fairness we only used the hotel as an overnight stay so that we could catch up on some sleep; so we did not check out the pool etc. Complimentary breakfast was adequate. Overall value for money.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna

Reviewed September 1, 2008

we had roaches, sheets and towels dingy bathroom looked like under repairs with tiles and grout missing we did tell manager and gave us refund for the second day which we left and went to another hotel they said they sprayed but we still saw roaches. very unhappy and will not stay at a best western again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgette L, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

I am sorry you had a bad experience,

We have done a total renovation on the hotel and are brand new as a Choice Brand hotel. I would like to offer you a discount rate for your next stay, please contact me at the hotel so I can take care of you and you can experience our new rooms and great service.

Georgette Lake
Director of Sales
770-541-1499

Reviewed August 7, 2008

When I book a hotel, I tend to read the reviews left on Trip Advisor before making my reservation. At the time I was looking, the reviews were mixed for this hotel - more good than bad. I took the chance and booked. Unfortunately for me, the bad reviews painted the more accurate picture.

While the staff of this hotel was very courteous to us, the room was abysmal. When we walked into the room, it smelled a bit like smoke, even though it was considered a non-smoking room. The drapes had burn marks on them (as well as spilled coffee), the carpet was stained, paint was peeling off the bathroom door, and the beds were lumpy and sagged in the middle. When I awoke the next morning, I had bites on my ankles and feet. I'm not sure if they were ant bites or flea bites, but there were maybe six or so. Perhaps the previous occupant of the room had a dog - who knows? Am I 100% sure that I got the bites from the room. No. However, my ankles and feet were not covered with red spots and itching like crazy when I took off my shoes that evening.

What many have said about the pool is true; it was green and stagnant. The continental breakfast was adequate, but the housekeeper in charge of stocking the room was more interested in talking to her friend (who was eating many of the offerings), rather than refilling a milk pitcher or putting out more bread. If you have any choice at all, please try another hotel in Smyrna. I've stayed with two other chains in the area and found them to have much better facilities for about the same price. Best Western should really look into the conditions at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple

1  Thank caspyboy
Reviewed August 5, 2007

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna
Comfort Inn & Suites Galleria

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna? Share your experiences!