“Great staff! Poor GM!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here 9 months due to work in the area. We can not say enough great things about the wonderful hotel staff. The food is done very well. Housekeeping is straight on.The issues we had was the pool is ice cold and broken down often...green water and no heat! The GM is not pleasant and that is why we moved. Corporate was notified of her actions. We would have stayed another two months but it became an unfriendly environment. It is a great place and great staff...the GM needs hospitality training!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Tonya Y, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience here this past August. We enjoyed having your presences.
I take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction is met. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—expectations.
I deeply valued your relationship with my team and am always committed to providing you, and all guest with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.
If you would like to further discuss this matter, please feel free to contact me directly.

Yours in service,

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed this past weekend for the Atlanta football classic and wasn't overly impressed. Upon Check-in I was greeted by the property manager and a front desk worker who both seemed overly nice. I immediately told them that I work in the hospitality industry as well. The check-in process was efficient. The rooms here are in pristine condition, but the maintenance or lack there of, really makes the hotel look bad as a whole. Our lights went out in the bathroom about an hr after check in and when we called the FD the guest services person told us that we'd have to wait til the night maintenance person comes to work at 11pm..REALLY??? 4 hrs of no lights in the bathroom = discount at our establishment, but we were just asked to wait. Needless to say, this put a damper on our plans to shower, get dressed n enjoy Atl nightlife and in the process I stepped into s flooded bathroom bc the pipe underneath the sink mysteriously came loose and of course I didn't know bc we had no electricity to see it. We eventually had to move. Idk if it was bc it was 20 mins b4 her shift ended, but I did not like the service I received and hated her reluctance to offer a refund/discount ot at least an apology. Other than this experience, the hotel quality is great for the price. I just wished the no electricity/flooded bathroom situation was handled better bc we wasted precious time and wasn't ready to step out until 1am.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank wayneswhirl
Tonya Y, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Wayne,

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Please call me directly to make those future reservations.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was hesitant to book a room here because the price seemed too low to be good. I booked a room for $79.00 and I've had many bad experiences below 80 dollars. I was politely greeted when I arrived for check in. I was treated great and everyone on the staff that I dealt with was just wonderful. The lobby, front desk, the hallways, pool area and workout room were very clean and well decorated. I was shocked at how nicely appointed my room was. The bathroom was clean and had a solid surface vanity. The bed was very comfortable and the television was a good sized flat screen. The air conditioner worked properly. The room furnishings were new looking and very comfortable. The free high speed internet is very fast for my work. In the morning, the breakfast was great and well stocked. I can't say enough how nice the front desk people are. I've been back three times and I just booked again. I will drive a little farther in Atlanta to stay here. It's always a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Tonya Y, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing you experience here our property. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to do so. When ever in the Atlanta area please contact me directly to set up your future reservations.

Sincerely.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Front desk were very friendly! My only request is for black-out curtains. The brightness made it difficult to sleep-in. My room was clean and I didn't experience any musty hallway smells as others were stating. Love the location- close to everything. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Pearls4
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Hotel has been recently renovated and looks great inside and out. We checked in and were given a room on the 2nd floor (main level). As soon as we walked in I noticed several stains on the couch cushions. Went to use the Bathroom and I noticed that the toilet had an overflow issue so we requested a different room. We had to go up to the 4th floor supposedly a non smoking room, but the smoke smell was awful in the whole hallway and so it also lingered into the room up there. I'm done with Choice Hotels and going back to the Hilton hotels. You really do get what you pay for most of the time. Although I will say that the young man on staff that night was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: If you want non smoking, do not go to the 4th floor at all. Even non-smoking rooms smell like smoke!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Suzanne L
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel was very nice and the staff was excellant especially Anthony, Alex, Chris, and Exie! I thank them for making my short vacaction an enjoyable one! I currently live in Alabama and met up with my family from West Virginia to visit Six Flags and leave from there to visit more family in Florida. The GPS lady tried to get us lost so do not listen to her but we found our way and my daughter loved the pool. It was a very humid at this time of the year so the pool was a relief!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tabitha H
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Pleasant stay. Rooms were updated and clean. Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast, waffles, eggs, cereal and fruits. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Better stay than normal off of the highway hotel. Not directly off the highway but close enough to be convenient. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelingFamily416
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Smyrna, GA
5 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites Galleria
Country Inn & Suites By Radisson, Atlanta/Galleria Ballpark, GA
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna? Share your experiences!