“disappointed”

Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were disappointed to find this motel in the Choice group. The motel did need some work. If you are a wifi person, forget it. Upon checking in I tried to sign on, NOTHING. I went down to the desk and asked if the Wifi was working. He said he thought so and to try again. I went to the Business Center to try there, it also was not working. I told clerk and he said try in 30 minutes, if it still was not working he would try to contact his manager. YUP, still nothing. I told the clerk, he said he couldn't get ahold of his manager. WELL, we were on the end next to another motel and I tried their Wifi, IT DID WORK, and I used theirs.

I also asked for a first floor room, we were put on the 4th floor and there were only about 8 to 10 cars in the parking lot. The elevator ride was interesting, it was slow, jerky and didn't line up with the floor it stopped on. I wasn't sure if we were going to get stuck or not.
The breakfast was OK, but could have been more of an selection, Yogurt, cereal, etc.

Room Tip: If you want to use Wifi, good luck.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GA861, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Hi, James C
We appreciate your candid feedback and are grateful for the opportunity to understand what improvements we can make to ensure you are comfortable while staying with us. We apologize you had trouble connecting to our WiFi as well as receiving a “jerky ride” on the elevator. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our goal is to make sure your ride on the elevator is smooth and WiFi connection is fast. We would be honored if you return to our hotel whenever you're in the Smyrna area.
Again, Thank you

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had a few nights stay plus used the business meeting room plus on-site business center. I was very impressed with the front desk professionals who were very helpful and courteous. The hotel looks brand new inside and out and the stay was very comfortable. I would definitely come back and plan to! Thanks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Janet W

Hi Janet W
Thanks for the high recommendation. We take pride in our top notch hotel and awesome staff. Our goal is to be your HOME AWAY FROM HOME! while providing perfect service. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the recommendation of a colleague, and I have never been disappointed. Dion, Debbie, Alex, Chris and Quine are the friendliest, helpful and professional people I have ever encountered at a hotel. The rooms are surprisingly quiet (adjacent to I-75 and an Air Force base!), clean and well-tended. The breakfast buffet is lovely...you can smell the bacon the minute you leave your room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for clean, quiet and affordable rooms.

Room Tip: Every suite I have stayed in has been exceptional.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathleen W

Hi Kathleen W,
Thanks for the great review and awesome recommendation. I'm so glad to have Alex, Debbie, Chris, Quine, Exie, Phillip and Ms.June apart of my team.
We are committed to only offering excellent service to guest like yourself. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I ended up at this hotel after an unexpected business trip had me staying over in Smyrna. Tbe desk clerk was extremely friendly and personable. Waking up to fresh smelling bacon that i didn't have to cook was wonderful! The breakfast was awesome, the rooms were fresh and nicely done. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank ALHILL05
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our family stayed here on the way to Florida. The hotel has recently been remodeled and included on the choice hotels network. Easy access on/off the freeway...even though the road you turn on to reach the parking lot is hard to find at night! Breakfast was great and the lady running it gave us some items to take in the car for the kids. We look forward to staying here again in the future. The staff were all friendly people and the hotel was nice and clean.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank benohio
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Welcoming staff, good free breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms made it a pleasant visit. Only complaint would be that the pillows were too soft.

Have stayed here twice and will continue to use this convenient, cost-effective location

Room Tip: if ice machines are important ask for the 2nd or 4th floor...no machine on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nadine K
GA861, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Hi Nadine K,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. My staff and I enjoyed having you as our guest.
Please visit us whenever you return to Smyrna, Georgia. Have a wonderful day

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We spent the night here in November, just pulled off 75 and picked a hotel. Im glad we picked this one. The staff was super nice, and really made my nine year old feel welcomed. There was a pool but it wasn't heated, we went swimming anyways. The hotel is not to far away from downtown and the competently breakfast wasn't to bad either. We would probably use this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences at our hotel. We were honored to have you and your child as our guest. We look forward to your return. Again Thank you, Hope to see again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Smyrna, GA
5 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites Galleria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta/Galleria Ballpark, GA
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna? Share your experiences!