“I was fooled”

Atkins Park Restaurant and Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Atkins Park Restaurant and Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 218 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W. Spring ST
Transit: Cobb County Transit.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Let me start off by saying the it is in a great location, friendly staff and good drinks. The portions of the food looked very large. My issue was asking a question I am from New Orleans and asked my waitress if the po boys bread was Leidenheimer French Bread. Anyone from home knows a po boy is on French bread and not a hoagie roll. Then I asked if the hot sausage was Patton's. She said yes but I order the shrimp po boy dressed. Well when it came out it was a toasted hoagie. I was very disappointed. I wanted French Bread, so please annotate that it is not Real French Bread with a crusty outside and soft bread on the inside.

1  Thank Cmp1130

Reviewed September 19, 2013

It is a bar and they serve bar food so don't expect a gourmet dining experience but the bar food is excellent and the environment is great. The owner is from NO so everything inside is LSU and Saints themed, weekends are all about football and beer. I'm not a beer drinker but they have a huge selection to choose from if you are. The wait staff and owner is always there for your every need. Great place for lunch, dinner or to catch a game in a great environment. Right next to the town hall in Smyrna, GA.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

They call it "the debris", WoW, it was a very good sandwich, I had onion rings with it. The onion rings were fat and fabulous. If you like roast beef and ham, get the "Debris", it was very good. Summer, the bartender recommended it, and I was really glad she did.
I chose the one $ dollar because my Debris and coke was like 9 dollars, but I had coffee also, and the tip, I give Summer 5.

my visit was 4 Aug. 2013

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stay away at all costs. Average food with terrible service at sky-high prices. I came to this Tavern on the recommendations of Yelp and TripAdvisor. These reviews were a complete bust.

1  Thank DaReflex
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Atkins Park has evolved into a mediocre to terrible dining experience complimented by incompetent and rude staff. The hopes of having a great community restaurant has sadly disappeared for Smyrna. Atkins has apparently turned it's focus to something other than good food and service as indicated by our last two trips to Atkins all within the last 30 days.

Most recently 6-21-13 we went to Atkins in hopes of have a relaxing meal after a hectic week only to be met by a less than gracious host who ushered us to a table with no inquiry as to our preference for sitting. Upon requesting seating on the patio the hostess seemed offended and put out that we had made such a request.

That was just the start, after we were seated we were ignored by three, count them, 3 waitresses who seemed to have no knowledge of there primary function at the restaurant. We observed three tables of people who came in after us get service, ordered and received drinks while no one had even bothered to come by our table to greet us much less take an order of any kind.

We sat for close to 30 minutes with the 3 employees wandering around us with no effort to serve us, we ultimately left with no service as we have plenty of options to choose from in the Smyrna area. We waited mainly to see how long it would take for them to acknowledge our presence.

Regarding Atkins overall, the food has been mediocre at best in the last few times we have been and service as described, ranges from terrible to well.....who knows.

Spend your time and money elsewhere as we will!