“Seriously lost its appeal....”

Scalini's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 215 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Years ago, Scalini's was an awesome place, guaranteed not to disappoint when the urge for Italian food struck. My recent visit however was not how I remembered. Food was average to say the least. Only positive I can give them is for their garlic knots but trust me when I say you MUST like garlic as they are extremely full of garlic. Quantity of food is well worth the money but the quality will leave you wanting much more.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were disappointed with the food. It was still a cozy atmosphere and service was excellent; however, the food was disappointing. While I must say the marinara was very good the food lacked seasoning and did not taste fresh. I believe the artichoke hearts were out of a can as we could taste that metallic aftertaste. The garlic rolls that used to be orgasmic simply were not the freshest rolls, although they were smothered in garlic and rolling in butter. The salad was just ok and the tomatoes were not fresh. You could tell by the color and texture that they were old. For a Friday evening the place was very empty. A sign that perhaps they have been cutting corners and are in need of a visit from Gordon Ramsey!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Went with a large group as they offer a free meal on your birthday. (one of our friends has gone here on her birthday for years)

They offer hearty portions for fair prices. The menu included all your Italian favorites. The food is not “to die for” but very good.

Very limited wine selection.

Service was what you would expect at this prince point - not bad but, not great.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Scalini's is a decent Italian Restaurant option, but it didn't taste any more 'authentic' than Olive Garden. The decor inside the restaurant was slightly dated and rustic, but still 'ok'. The garlic bread rolls are good, but "only" if you are a person who Loves garlic. No need to fear though - b/c you can get just plain rolls as well. Our pasta (penne & spaghetti) and fish (snapper) dishes were sizeable and the quality/freshness was about average, but they seemed to be lacking in the flavor department. I'm always disappointed if I have to add salt/pepper/extra parmesean cheese to "wake up" my Italian dish. They do provide a free meal (up to $12.95) and dessert on your birthday, but if you're only celebrating your birthday on one night - you may want to look elsewhere so as to not be let down by a just average experience....

Reviewed August 11, 2013

While visiting my daughter and family we stopped in for a great meal with 3 kids in tow. Waitress was very good catering to kids needs. Food was excellent and I would highly recommend if you enjoy Italian cuisine and nice atmosphere while dining. I had the lasagna which was delicious and the garlic rolls are a must. Will definitely go again.