“Always good!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brown Wood Lane
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Never had a bad meal and the service is always great. Nice atmosphere - not too stuffy. Great date night spot!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Blackstone is not the type of restaurant you're going to hear about on travel sites. Not because it's bad but because it's tucked away in the 'burbs and doesn't go out of its way to tout itself. As a result, it's a nice gem that local like me enjoy dining frequently. I saw on Facebook that former Mayor Andrew Young recently celebrated his birthday at Blackstone, which was a nice surprise.

The interior of the main dining area is fairly dimly lit with dark woods and low key decor. I hesitate to say that it has a slightly 80s vibe in that sense. A little freshening might help. But it definitely sets an intimate tone that is great for couples who want some quiet time together. We've never dined in the bar so I can't comment on that area.

Blackstone is largely known for their steaks and they do not disappoint. I am a big fan of their petite filet since I can't eat a huge piece of meat. My husband often gets the 14 ounce ribeye steak. They are almost always perfectly cooked and taste wonderful.

Another favorite of ours is the calamari appetizer. It's lightly fried with an addictively delicious Asian plum sauce for dipping. We've never ordered a different appetizer because we like this one so much.

The sides are very traditional, such as garlic whipped potatoes, steamed broccoli and green beans. But they're always very tasty.

The service we've encountered has always been top notch and attentive. The last time we went, it was during Valentine's Day week so we were prepared for things to be a bit hectic. And the place was definitely full. But our waiter was incredibly helpful and kept us updated when our food took longer than expected. The fact that he was not happy that our food wasn't ready told us that he really cared about our experience. That kind of attitude goes a long way so it was not a problem. They comped our dessert as a result. Since we were not in a hurry, it was fine.

I would not take young kids to Blackstone as it is not that kind of restaurant. But teens, family, friends, or your significant other will enjoy the food and the service.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I had the chief special ... Lobster stuffed with crab meat... Very Nice !
Music and Great bartenders .... KENNY & CHAD
So Easy .... So good !
ENJOY !!!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I went to this place for a mid afternoon dinner. First off, I ordered salmon and the meal was excellent! The fish was perfectly cooked, fresh, the sides were done right, the bread was warm, the presentation was fairly fancy - can't complain. The service I got was also great.

I would give it the best rating, but I happened to witness how a couple in front of me ordered two glasses of champagne and first, they were told "sorry, no champagne by glass". Then they ordered a bottle and they were told "sorry, we ran out of champagne". Yes, they were offered white wine on the house at the end, but seeing how long it took - I don't think the situation was handled properly by the staff.

Also, in my opinion, the place interior looks a bit cheap and fake for a pricey steak house. So if you are looking for a formal place - this is probably not the best option.

Overall, maybe a bit overpriced and needs some service improvements, but perfect steakhouse food.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Every course of the meal was fantastic but the service was lacking. Waited 10 mins for someone to take drink order, water and drinks kept running out and if the food wasn't so fantastic I would not go back.