“Defly the best japanese cuisine in town”
Review of Umezono Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Umezono Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sacramento, California, USA
“Defly the best japanese cuisine in town”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Hi. I am from southern asian country and thus have so many japanese friends.
I went to this restaurant as one of my japanese friend redomended.
Ever since my first visit, I periodically stop by this restaurant at least once a week.
Food is pure japanese. not a fusion or something. This is what u actually can see in japan. And this is why I love this restaurant over any other sushi houses over the town. Try gatzudon. That's my favorite.

North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Bit of Japan in Smyrna"”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed sake, sushi and good conversation with the wait staff at Umezono. They were very friendly and most helpful. When they saw that we are sincerely interested in Japanese culture, we had even better conversations. The place was simple, clean and food was good.

Tyrone, GA
“Excellent Traditional Japanese Cuisine!”
Reviewed November 9, 2009

It is with good reason that you see many Asian faces at Umezono. The food is authentic tradtional Japanese cuisine in a typical Japanese setting. It is not fancy but the food is fresh, the prep. is well thought out and served efficiently. During busy periods there can be a bit of a wait and the staff can be a bit rushed but the quality and the value of the food more than makes up for it. This is not a fancy "cook on the grill in front of you" type restaurant just good old down home Japanese cooking! Highly recommended!

Athens, Tennessee
“Very good sushi and authentic cuisine”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I went for lunch and had the "Sushi Lunch" which included soup, salad, california roll, and 5 different pieces of nigiri for $7.50. Menu is listed in Japanese at the front, with English and some pictures in the back. Definitely caters more to Asians but Americans will feel very welcomed as well. Sushi chef was on top of everything. Ten seconds after putting my money out with my tab, he yelled for one of the waitresses to let them know I was ready. The nigiri was the best I've had so far. Everything tasted fresh. Restaurant is not in the best location (next to a lounge and strip club) but inside is modest and clean. Also saw a few fighters landing at the AFB just up the street on Cobb Pkwy which is worth a look if they are flying that day.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great and affordable. The sushi is good and the dinner menu is great.”
Reviewed September 18, 2008

Great and affordable. The sushi is good and the dinner menu is great.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook