“Great rates, TONS of amenities”
Review of Araamda Inn Smyrna

Araamda Inn Smyrna
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Los Angeles, ca
“Great rates, TONS of amenities”
Reviewed October 7, 2007

I stayed at the Microtel for one week and could not ask for a better place to stay. This hotel is in the perfect spot in ATL, very close to all attractions. I really enjoyed the amenities such as FREE LONG DISTANCE calls in the US, FREE BREAKFAST, FREE WIRELESS INTERNET...I got a great rate ($59.99) I could not argue when the front desk agents (Smear & Shazad) gave my wife and I a brief description along with the special rate. We have stayed at near by hotels such as the Holiday Inn Express on S. Atlanta rd, which has the smallest rooms and half of the amenities along with doubled the price compared to Microtel. All rooms have hair dryers, coffee, HBO, free long distance calls, curved shower rods etc...I will NEVER stay anywhere else when I come to ATL. I reccomend this hotel to everyone, they also have AMAZING customer service!!!

• Liked — FREE LONG DISTANCE CALLS IN USA!!!
  • Disliked — NO POOL but they have one off site (1/2 mi away)
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank johnarieno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We stayed there for 2 nights because of the great rate, now we know why it was a great rate. No strike plate in the door frame for our door catch, so not sure if our door would lock and stay locked. On the website if mentions having a gym, well the gym is located down the road, not in the hotel itself. Very unsafe area, when we left the room we took everything of value with us (laptop, DVD player, DVD's, etc.) when we parked for the evening, everything went back into the room with us. Caulking in the bathtub was loose and hanging in the tub. There was a 6" black hair hanging inside on the shower curtain (that was really gross) me & my daughter have blonde hair.
But on the good side the two ladies that we dealt with at the front desk were very friendly (Natasha, who works morning shift and I can't remember the other lady's name but she worked around 3 pm).

• Liked — front desk clerks, internet access
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Bloomingdale, Illinois
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Very scary hotel with horrible front desk. It seemed a HUGE imposition for us to check in behind the glass.

The room was filthy and we killed about 5 bugs in the hour that we were there. We were driving from Chicago to Florida and stopped at this hotel to spend the night. My husband and daughter were freaked out by all the bugs and had problems sleeping for fear things would crawl on them in the middle of the night. The employees are not friendly.

The room was dirty, the carpeting had a layer of scummy film on it. They were moldy and musty.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Mrscpotts
Brevard, NC
Reviewed February 27, 2007

I would just like to say that I had a wonderful time in Smyrna. My sister was getting married in the area and we had booked about 10 rooms at the microtel over there. They gave me a great rate, the cheapest rate I found, and I felt very comfortable. I see that they have been working on renevating the hotel and when I talked to the GM, Sharzard I think thats his name, said that they were making a fitness and meeting room, I just wished they had it so I could have used it. Maybe next time I come it will look brand new. Anyways I had a great stay and if Im in the are Ill be sure to check out this great deal again.

• Liked — satff friendliness
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sultan33g
florida
Reviewed February 17, 2007

visited altanta on feb, 2007. This hotel is in a very bad location, it's dirty, small, unsafe and just terrible. The receptionist did not greet us, she was reading a paper and would not look at us when we were asking questions, very rude, very unproffessional, and did not have our reservation, she said that if she did not have it, it was because someone had missplaced it (this is coming from the person that supposedly receives all the reservations). I will not recommend this hotel.... not even to my worst enemy.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank reviewit
Birmingham
Reviewed November 11, 2006

The staff at this hotel are really helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and even helped us rent a car! The rooms aren't very big but are clean, quiet and excellent value. There is also free Wifi access and free breakfast which is a definite bonus. The only real problem is for backpackers - you need a car as there isn't much within walking distance. But this is more a reflection of Atlanta as a whole - public transport is not very good!!

• Liked — Staff very helpful
  • Disliked — Location - a bit away from downtown
  • Tips/Secrets — Rent a car!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank bmtaft
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 2, 2006

I stayed at the Microtel Inn this past weekend and I was very impressed! I have never heard of Microtel Inn before but after our stay we will definately be staying again!! The rooms seemed to have been newly renovated and were very comfortable. The gentleman at the front desk was very curtious and he helped us with everything we need, from printing directions to the theater AND a print out of what time the movies were!! I will definately stay again!! Thank you Microtel!

• Liked — Loction to downtown and access to the highway
  • Disliked — nothing but fast food around on the exit
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SamirG
MicrotelGalleria, Manager at Araamda Inn Smyrna, responded to this review, October 18, 2006
Thank you! We have just recently rennovated and are not complete yet! New mattresses and carpet, along with an improved staff are in the working! Thank you for your support!