“A Taste of Home!!!”

Cuisines: American
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/roys-cheesesteaks-smyrna
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/roys-cheesesteaks-smyrna
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Smyrna, GA for 4 nights, I would leave the hotel parking lot and see this place across the street. I wanted to go into that place, I passed it by 3 days in a row. My work partner and I were getting on the road on our way out of town, he wanted to go to Wendy's, I said let's try the place across the street... I wish I had walked in there the first day!!! I would have eaten there every meal... I am born and raised in Philadelphia, PA and I found a Philly Cheesesteak in Smyrna, GA! I mean a Philly Cheesesteak!!! Rolls from Amoroso, steak sliced and then chopped on the grill... They even had Tastykakes and Birchbeer!!! I need to go back to Smyrna, GA, I hope my work sends me back! If you are from Philly and find yourself in Smyrna, maybe find yourself a little homesick... Stop by ENJOY! Get rejuvinated and get back out there and do goods things!

1  Thank Sharkey13

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've never had an authentic philly cheesesteak sandwich from Philly but i dont think what i got was it. When i think of a philly cheesesteak sandwich i think of something that is the diameter of a person's head, mounds and mounds of thinly sliced, tender beef, onions overflowing and cheese. Fountains and fountains of cheese wiz overflowing, enveloping the sandwich. That is not what you get at Roy's Cheesesteaks. I ordered the philly cheesesteak sandwich and it was very good but it was not the size i thought it was going to be and their was virtually no cheese. I turned my head for a few minutes to watch the tv that was on in the restaurant while they made my sandwich and when they said it was ready i was surprised because i didnt notice them put any cheese on it. They did put cheese on it but it was merely a few small triangles of cheese that any sandwich shop would put on one of their subs. I went out of my way today to come here because i thought my world was going to be rocked. Unfortunately it wasnt and i wont be back. Dont get me wrong. The sandwich was nice and tasty but it was not the type of philly cheesesteak i was expecting.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I've been looking for years(since 1999) to find a good cheesesteak in Georgia. I have found a few good ones but this is the best I've found. I've probably had them from 30-40 different places and only one has come close and it's closed now. Price is good and the other food is supposed to be good, too. My wife loved the meatball sandwich. It's been a year since I've been there but we are planning on being down that way next month so hopefully we'll be stopping in. I will update this if we do. STOP HERE for a GREAT CHEESESTEAK !!

3  Thank rick p