“Just a few problems but nothing big.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Bartlett, Tennessee
“Just a few problems but nothing big.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I found this place on Hotels.com and it seemed like a really good deal. The place was ok but several things could have been better
1. The bathtub was tiny!
2. Very little hot water
3. Shower curtain was too short and it flooded the bathroom with water (I noticed this only when I stepped out of the shower onto my squishy towel) Apparently it had been doing that for a while due to the carpet bubbling up where the hall meets the bathroom.
4. The curtains WOULD NOT close! They have the semi-opaque white curtain but the ones that block out the light were fixed open. (I was graced with some powerful street lights throughout the night)
5. The TV was too low and to watch it, you have to sit up in the bed and move your feet out of the way to get a clear view.
In conclusion, the staff was really nice. The beds were decent. I would NOT stay here next time but that is only because there are way more options than most travel sites will bring up. I am a Hilton Property believer and this stay just confirmed it. If you are looking for a cheap yet decent place to stay then I would say go for it but when I am spending the better part of $100 for a good night's rest, I want just that. I want a good hot shower with plenty of water, a nice comfy bed to sleep in and the ability to make the room dark so I can sleep. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU MAKE CURTAINS THAT WON'T CLOSE????? Sorry for such a negative review but this is my honest opinion.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face the hill where all of the light was coming from through my window. I would ch...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
CISsmynra, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you could not get your curtains closed, they are designed to close all the way. I will certainly look into why yours would not close. As well as the shower curtain in the room. I also apologize that your where not happy with our bathtubs. They are standard size for hotels and have solid granite walls. With our televisions, I will check in to see what we can do about getting them raised up higher so our guests can have a more comfortable viewing position.

Bill Farnham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bussum, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Some of the downsides of an older hotel: peeling wallpaper, stains, etc.... Heat did not work very well either. Disturbingly our pillowcases were stained (and replaced by housekeeping, thankfully). I would probably have preferred to pay more for something a bit fresher and better maintained.

Upside is a convenient location and quiet, even though it was full.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TraipsingAbout
Dear TraipsingAbout,

Thank you for your review. We have currently started a renovation project and should have things back to a 5 star rating very soon. In hopes that you visit us again, your next review will reflect that.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We spent one night here. Room was clean and comfortable. I like that it had easy access to main road but never seemed noisy. The hotel is a little smaller than average but has expected amenities. Parking is convenient to room locations. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
CISsmynra, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Travelfastpitchhmom,

Thank you for a such a wonderful review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Abilene, TX
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Not what I expected from the reviews. It's a fair hotel. Service is nice, but not outstanding. Property is clean. My first impression of the room was not great – obvious it’s an older property that has been recently re-painted, but some of the old conditions still exist. The evening social consisted of chicken nuggets, old or undercooked tater tots, cheese, crackers, and pepperoni slices, but the beer is free from 5:30pm to 7pm. In the room; when I went to put my shoes on top of the hanger area, there was bedding there. When I opened the top right drawer on the dresser to put my cloths in, bedding. Left drawer, more bedding. Irritating. Glad I brought my earplugs - road noise is significant. Internet is sketchy. I won't be staying here again. Not a disaster, just not what I want when I'm on the road for business.

Room Tip: Away from the road.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CISsmynra, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear MangaMan,

Thank you for your review. We are currently in the middle of our 6 year property improvement plan; we are just under 7 years old. We have recently finished repainting as you had mentioned and also installing new carpet and public area furniture. We still a few more things to do. I am apologetic that our staff didn't make you feel more at home. They are usually much more engaging than what you described them. We do offer a complimentary evening reception with snacks and beverages, although many hotels of our caliber do not. Many of our guests ask for extra bedding and pillows so we do keep extra in all of our rooms. I am sorry we could have made your stay more comfortable.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Great property for business travel - this was my first visit to the Atlanta area in many years, and will definitely stay here on my next visit. The front desk staff were extremely helpful, the rooms clean, and the property offers a nice happy hour, too! Safe neighborhood, albeit a bit busy. Good value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Christinepnyc,

Thank you for your review. We have many repeat business clients for just the same reasons you listed. We look forward to your next visit and we wish you many safe travels in the years to come.

Dublin, Georgia
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I arrived about 9:00p.m. on a Wednesday evening greeted by an angel, who answered to the name of Theresa. She went out of her way every day to see that my mother and I had nothing but the best service! They really don’t make front desk associates like her anymore. Deaunte Morgan also went above and beyond to make sure my stay was very memorable and pleasant! I most definitely will be back, and will refer this hotel to ANYONE!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Genuine B,

Thank you for a such a wonderful review of our staff here. We do our best to help guests with any requests they might have. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and wish you the best for safe future travels.

Bill Farnham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Comfort Inn & Suites Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Galleria Ballpark Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna? Share your experiences!