“Great place to stay! Wonderful customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
“Great place to stay! Wonderful customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed at this Country Inn & Suites many times...this is our home away from home when we want to come to Atlanta! :) Willie at the front desk remembers our name when we check in. The last time we visited (May 2013) we had not been there in over 6 months and Willie still remembered us...now it took a few minutes for him to recall the name, but he did recognize us and quickly found our registration without me telling him my name! :) We always book a suite and love having a living room separate from the bed area. The rooms are always clean and well equipped. The beds are very comfortable and there are always plenty of towels supplied in the bathroom (something I think is important since I like to use one for my hair and one for my body...and hubby still needs a towel!) The location of this hotel is great too, just off of interstate and a 24 hr IHOP right next door if you get the late night munchies. We look forward to our next visit, we will definitely be back soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but request one in the back of the hotel if you want to sleep in.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SuzanneM1
CISsmynra, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear SuzanneM1,

Thank you for your review! Willie is a great asset to our team. I like to get a suite as well so my kids can watch something in the living room and I can watch TV in the bedroom with having to hear there cartoon.
Next time you go to IHOP have the country fried steak.. YUM!

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again!

Bill Farnham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wow, this is a winner! Excellent service, very nice facilities, a comfortable bed and separate bathroom area, all for a reasonable price. The breakfast offering was great and the coffee/cookies at all times was appreciated. It was nice to have an indoor swimming pool-
temperature was a bit on the warm side, but still of value. Can't say enough good things about this place- stay there if you get a chance. I know we will again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IdahoRambler
Dear Idahorambler,

Thank you for your review! I love our cookies too. Sometimes too much, haha. We are glad you had a good time with us, we love to hear that our guests and friends enjoy their time.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again!

Annandale, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

King suite has two rooms, two TVs, great if one is up in the night, or up later. Guest reception, snacks, beer, wine coolers was a very nice touch. Be nice to have wine, too. Front desk staff very friendly. Everything clean. Quiet place. Enjoyed stay. Priced reasonably for suite.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CISsmynra, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Lilredlakemom,

Thank you for your glowing review. I also like our king suites, that way you both can watch what you want or you family can watch something in the other room. We enjoy having our evening reception, a lot of our guests like that touch to come back from a long day work our out in Atlanta to kick back and have a drink before going to dinner.

We appreciate your feed back and look forward to seeing you again.

Cheltenham, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights and was very comfortable. After a 15 hour drive I was welcomed in the door by very friendly staff and a relaxing atmosphere. My daughter and I needed help to go out explore and the front desk got me all set up and on our way. The pool was small and used for swimming lessons but the teachers worked with us when we went in. I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CISsmynra, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Kristin T,

Thank you for your review! Thank you for mentioning about the swim instructor. That do their best to be accommodating to our guests. We always like to make our guests feel like friends and friends come first!

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you and your family again!

Orange City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This place was great! Best hotel stay of our trip. On Tues, Wed, and Thursday nights they have a guest social and you get a couple free drinks along with some cheese and crackers. They also have chili available since it was quite cold outside. Fresh cookies in the lobby and the staff was the friendliest I ever met. There was a small problem with the Fan on the AC unit but the manager had it fixed within 30 minutes while we were having a couple drinks at the social. The rooms were extremely clean and tidy, great layout, comfy beds and even comfier pillows. So comfy I my girlfriend bought one.

Breakfast was great as well, waffles, cereal, eggs, bagels. Was definitely enough to fill you and get you ready for the day. I'll definitely stay here again if I'm going to Atlanta area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear QuentinS528,

Thank you so much for such a nice review. If ever there is an issue with a guests room we try our best to handle it right away.

We are glad you liked our be our guest reception. I enjoy talking to our guests during that time when they are having some snacks and drinks. I like to think that is why we give that sense of home.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Foley, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I reviewed this hotel a year ago and thought that things would have changed since then. But not so-They are still allowing swimming lessons to be taught in the small pool so that it is practically unusable for the paying guests. The lessons start early and go on late. There are so many toys strewn around the pool that you need to watch your step. This year when I complained to the manager, he basically told me that "it is a privately owned and they can do what they want." Really nice response, right. He also told me that I was the only one who had ever complained but the front desk told me that they had had several other complaints.
Also, the first room we were given did not have a working air conditioner and a ticking fridge so we were moved to the only room they had left. It was okay but it also had a ticking fridge which we overcame with having the fan on all the time. Found out the next day that the air had just not been plugged in but they had not told the front desk guy. At breakfast no one was keeping a watch on the dishes so we had to ask for oj, bacon, oatmeal to be replenished. What was there was tasty.
The saving grace for this hotel is its location and its front desk staff. Their manager needs some classes in etiquette and dealing with guests in a cordial and friendly manner.
Fortunately, there are other very nice hotels across the street where we expect to be staying in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CISsmynra, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Oaklanding10,

We appreciate you notifying us of your concerns, so we can address them. I am sorry your not happy with our pool not being up to your satisfaction. We truly try to accommodate every guest. We are sorry to hear you may choose not stay with us again, we hope you find a hotel that can meet your needs.

Burgaw, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I recently attended a training class in the Smyrna, GA area. I chose this property due to its proximity to the class. When I arrived I was greater by a pleasant desk clerk (Jennifer) who very professionally completed my check-in documents and had me on my way to my room without delay. I stayed in a king non-smoking room on the 4th floor that faced the road. I was pleased to see the room was exceptionally clean and stocked with a full complement of toiletry items. The towels and shower rug were accounted for and the room had a pleasant odor. It appeared that the maid assigned to this floor went the extra mile to ensure clean and appealing quarters for travelers. I stayed Tuesday through Friday and was impressed with the property overall.

I recommend the property and will stay with them again when I find myself in the area again.

Room Tip: I recommend a higher floor as the hotel has an indoor pool that may increase the amount of noise for...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CISsmynra, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Adrenal1n,

Thank you for your review. We strive to meet the needs of our guests and are happy to hear that we met your needs. Jenifer will be pleased to hear she was mentioned by you about her quality performance.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Bill Farnham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Galleria
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Galleria Ballpark Area
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna? Share your experiences!