“Nice breakfast, room was noisy” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Smyrna
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Nice breakfast, room was noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. Both times we had issues with traffic noise (stayed on both sides of the hotel). The room was very nice. I really like that the sink is outside of the bathroom. Having 3 daughters it works out well. The one down side to this is that the bathroom is much smaller and isn't much room to open and close the door.

The breakfast was good (sandwiches, pancakes, donuts, and more). One complaint would be that the oatmeal wasn't good.

The staff was super friendly. In fact, probably the most friendly and alert I have come across in a hotel. However, due to the traffic noise, I doubt we will stay again at this location.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have been to many hotels and by far this is the best one I have ever visited. My daughter and I stayed two night. We arrived earlier than our 3pm check in. I asked if it was possible to check in early. It was. The staff was friendly and warm and made us feel completely welcome. We were on the 6th floor in room 619 with a view of some mountains a distance away and the cityscape/mall. I loved this room - two double beds, a huge living area separated by a frosted glass wall, and a beautiful bathroom. The couch even opened into a bed. There was a gigantic t.v., a refrigerator, and a sink in our room. I loved it. Totally impressed with the value. We walked around the corner to Applebee's for lunch and then ate dinner at the hotel's cafe. The food was delicious at both places. The purpose of our stay at this hotel was to be close to the Atlanta Aquarium. It was close, about 10-15 minutes to Atlanta. I thought that was close enough to the big city during a peak travel time. Breakfast in the morning was the greatest - fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, hot fresh breakfast sandwiches, and tons more!!! I can't describe in words my love for this hotel. There is a nice pool, however, it was a bit chilly to try it out. It looked well maintained. Every encounter with staff was pleasant and friendly. They seemed like they loved being at their job. This doesn't happen often. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: I loved the 6th floor. It had a good view from our window. :)
hampshire uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family. The hotel is undergoing some renovations on the lower levels but didn't effect us in any way other than a few odd smells now and again. Large room with amenities and a really good buffet breakfast. The location is good for eating places and it is a 20 min drive into the city. Excellent value for money and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Nashville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Since we have a small pet we travel with, we always make sure we stay at a pet friendly hotel. When we made the reservations they told us they accept pets under 50lbs. Our dog is only 9lbs. Whe we checked in and announced that we were going to bring in our dog that's when they told us that we had to pay a $150 non-refundable pet fee!!! We could have boarded him for $39 for 3 nights! But what we decided to do was check out of this hotel ASAP and check into the Embassy Suites around the corner where the pet fee was only $50. However, Walter and Jay who worked the front desk were very nice people and extremely friendly. We just were not open to giving Hyatt Place a $150 and none of it was refundable....no sir! Nope not really pet friendly unless your pet has $150 to folk over.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Travelgirls J
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I were on a romantic weekend getaway and started out at the Doubletree Suites, which we were not happy with, so we switched hotels after the first night. We both agreed that we wish we had stayed at this Hyatt Hotel the first night as well. The staff was amazing, the lobby was beautiful, and the room was gorgeous and immaculate. This hotel was built in 1985 but was completely renovated in 2011. It has a wonderfully urban, Art Deco feel to it. We chose to dine out rather than eat at the hotel restaurant, so I can't comment on that. The beds and pillows are amazingly comfortable and the furniture and decor is beautiful. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We all noticed by now that Hyatt needs to invest some serious money to make its Hyatt Place brand competitive again. This particular property is no exception: It is pretty tired looking and in some need of renovations. In addition, my room was not properly cleaned - I found hair all over the place....pretty gross!
Sharing my comments with the front office clerk at check-out, it became obvious that nobody really cared what I had to say. The manager, who happened to be behind the desk as well, just stared at me while chewing her gum with her mouth wide open....I guess they were out of town when Hyatt conducted their latest guest complaint management training....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Milau
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a great stay at this Hyatt Place. The rooms are clean and well accommodated, the staff were all professional and friendly, the wireless internet and parking are free and the breakfast was also very good and free. This hotel is one of the best values in the Cumberland Mall area. There are also numerous restaurants just up the street plus a Carabbas and a sports bar just a short walk away. Midtown is less than 15 min away. This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and the experience was consistent. I plan to stay here again on my future visits

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VonWash
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria? Share your experiences!