“No Compaints....would stay again”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Standard Hyatt Place. The hotel is having some renovations completed which did not have an adverse effect on the stay. What I like best about this hotel is its location restaurants. While the Smyrna area is not Midtown a short (1.5 miles) drive to the mall yields some excellent choices, i.e. Cheesecake Factory, Maggianos. Excellent staff, excellent breakfast bar. As previous guests mentioned, WIFI is slow.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed here for business in Feb '13. Normally I stay at another Hyatt a few miles away but it was sold out for this night. The staff was great, as always with Hyatt and I wouldn't have a problem staying here again but I wouldn't go out of my way to. The location is in an odd location facing the back side of a strip mall, but there are a couple of fast casual chains withing walking distance. I got an ADA room, so was a little bummed that the shower head wouldn't point higher than my belly button, but nothing I couldn't deal with - this may also be the reason there was no counter around the pedestal sink to put the toothbrush on, etc. The through-wall AC was a little loud and there were a few other minor details such as dog-eared menus, etc. that could be improved. If I'd paid $50 less for the room I probably wouldn't have cared about any of this stuff, but it was basically a price / value mismatch on the facility, and the staff was great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RuralMA
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Awful night sleep. Nothing to do with the bed or pillows. Yes the AC-heater cycles on and off which is always annoying vs a constant fan. The issue is that the odd rooms face the highway and the windows are poorly insulated. You hear evey car and truck go by.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was our second stay at a Hyatt Place. We were so impressed with our stay the previous night in Duluth, we decided to book into this one, so we could visit friends in Smyrna.

It did not disappoint. We were met by Walter, who was bright and cheery on a terrible rainy night, without being over the top. Made us feel very welcome.

Again, the room was clean, and very spacious. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful, with a choice of hot or cold items.

We normally stay at the Ritz Carlton, where we have to pay for breakfast, parking and for Wifi. Thank you Hyatt for providing all of the above, complimentary. Ritz Carlton, take a leaf out of Hyatt's books, because I have to say, the service from the staff here, were equal to the service of your staff!

I did notice a stain on the sofa, and when we checked out, I did mention it, and was told that all the sofas were being upgraded this year, and thanked for mentioning it.

All in all, would highly recommend this chain of hotels whether you are a family, a couple, or solo. Looking forward to using them again in the future.

Room Tip: This time we had a room on the second floor, which had a shower over the bath tub. Our last stay ha...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Warm welcome by Walter and Keisha, room was wonderful, overall experience outstanding. Would suggest an upgrade to the wifi which is a good bit slow during evening hours when traffic is high, but a definite place to return to. Well done all.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Everything about this hotel was great, no dramas at any stage. Breakfast was ample and always enough of everything. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only issue we had was the GPS couldn't pinpoint the location of the hotel and kept us driving around the block until we eventually saw the signage on the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Upon arrival Kiesha greeted us as return guest with a warm welcome on a very cold Atlanta night. We always stay at this Hyatt when driving from Naples, Fl to visit my mother. The chicken salad was as usual delicious. I have become a fan of Hyatt's for the last two years since they upgraded about everything and most importantly their service, taking a page from the Ritz Carlton's play book of service, service and service.

I reached Platinum Level a long time ago and would never dream of staying at a different mid range hotel. We always stay in suites and the Hyatt Place and Hyatt Houses are just perfect for a quick stay. Of coarse if I'm on business and need something upscale I stay at a Ritz or Four Seasons.

Keep up the good work Hyatt!

Room Tip: I like the ground floor and there is a great cigar bar near by
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Galleria Ballpark Area
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria? Share your experiences!