WINNER WONDERLAND

“Beware if odd room numbers ...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Smyrna
“Beware if odd room numbers ...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Awful night sleep. Nothing to do with the bed or pillows. Yes the AC-heater cycles on and off which is always annoying vs a constant fan. The issue is that the odd rooms face the highway and the windows are poorly insulated. You hear evey car and truck go by.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Davenport, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was our second stay at a Hyatt Place. We were so impressed with our stay the previous night in Duluth, we decided to book into this one, so we could visit friends in Smyrna.

It did not disappoint. We were met by Walter, who was bright and cheery on a terrible rainy night, without being over the top. Made us feel very welcome.

Again, the room was clean, and very spacious. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful, with a choice of hot or cold items.

We normally stay at the Ritz Carlton, where we have to pay for breakfast, parking and for Wifi. Thank you Hyatt for providing all of the above, complimentary. Ritz Carlton, take a leaf out of Hyatt's books, because I have to say, the service from the staff here, were equal to the service of your staff!

I did notice a stain on the sofa, and when we checked out, I did mention it, and was told that all the sofas were being upgraded this year, and thanked for mentioning it.

All in all, would highly recommend this chain of hotels whether you are a family, a couple, or solo. Looking forward to using them again in the future.

Room Tip: This time we had a room on the second floor, which had a shower over the bath tub. Our last stay ha...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Warm welcome by Walter and Keisha, room was wonderful, overall experience outstanding. Would suggest an upgrade to the wifi which is a good bit slow during evening hours when traffic is high, but a definite place to return to. Well done all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Everything about this hotel was great, no dramas at any stage. Breakfast was ample and always enough of everything. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only issue we had was the GPS couldn't pinpoint the location of the hotel and kept us driving around the block until we eventually saw the signage on the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Upon arrival Kiesha greeted us as return guest with a warm welcome on a very cold Atlanta night. We always stay at this Hyatt when driving from Naples, Fl to visit my mother. The chicken salad was as usual delicious. I have become a fan of Hyatt's for the last two years since they upgraded about everything and most importantly their service, taking a page from the Ritz Carlton's play book of service, service and service.

I reached Platinum Level a long time ago and would never dream of staying at a different mid range hotel. We always stay in suites and the Hyatt Place and Hyatt Houses are just perfect for a quick stay. Of coarse if I'm on business and need something upscale I stay at a Ritz or Four Seasons.

Keep up the good work Hyatt!

Room Tip: I like the ground floor and there is a great cigar bar near by
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

After spending 4 nights at the Sheraton in downtown Atlanta, I decided to spend the remaining 4 nights at the Hyatt Place near Cumberland Mall. Since I did not have a car, I took the Cobb County Transit bus number 10 (operates Monday through Saturday) from the Arts Center MARTA station in Atlanta. The bus dropped me off at the Cobb Transfer point across from Cumberland Mall. I could have asked for hotel shuttle pick up from the Cobb transfer point, but I decided to walk to the hotel instead.

Location: The hotel is only a couple of blocks from Cumberland Mall and within walking distance to various restaurants (i.e. Applebees, Carrabbas, Panda Express, etc.). The hotel does provide a shuttle service within a 5 mile radius, but I preferred walking instead.

Customer Service: Customer Service was excellent and personal. They called me by name everytime they saw me. When there was an issue regarding the water line on my floor, the manager promptly resolved the matter.

Room: The room was spacious with a separate living area (couch), fridge, sink, and work desk. The bathroom was really small. One issue is that I constantly heard the opening and closing of doors in the hallways, which caused my room door to shake.

Miscellaneous: Complimentary WIFI was offered in rooms/public spaces, and free continential breakfast was provided daily. The fitness center was basic, but they did have free headphones.

Tip: Guests will need to use their hotel key to access the hotel lobby after 11PM and before 6AM. I had left my key in the room by mistake. After coming from a New Years Eve Party, I had to ring the hotel intercom button for over 10 minutes before the hotel staff came to open the lobby door, and the person gave me another copy of the key.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MCMIL1
Newark, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my Mom, we were greeted very nicely, the staff remembered our visit from 12 months ago. Check-in kiosk was broken, which was not a problem. The room lay-out is very nice with large area for sofa, desk, kitchen, bathroom. The carpet was dirty when we arrived and stayed dirty during the full duration of our stay. The quality of the mattress was not very good. Breakfast was decent with bagels and fruit salad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Cumberland
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Cumberland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria? Share your experiences!