$252
$110
$100
ExtendedStay
$63
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna(Smyrna)(Great Value!)
$134
$299
$89
ComfortInn
$78
$106
TripAdvisor
All reviewscobb galleriasmall bathroomnice sizebraves gamefree shuttlefree breakfastcourteous staffsofa bedshuttle serviceroom was spaciouslots of restaurantsgreat place to staylong driveyogurtnice stayroad tripone night stay
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and attentive. They have a free shuttle service available all day. Our room had a nice size couch. Love the coffee in the rooms. Excellent free breakfast that includes hot breakfast sandwiches.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Needed to get away for a night from packing/moving,so my wife suggested the Cobb Galleria area.I picked Hyatt Place because I wanted to stay at brand that we've haven't stayed at before.Service was excellent,location was great and the staff was very professional and accommodating.My wife and I liked it so much that upon checking out I joined Hyatt's Gold Passport club.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

In June my life companion and I celebrated our 36th anniversary by going to Atlanta for a few days. We chose the Hyatt Place in Smyrna for our 3 night stay for many reasons. One..it was Hyatt and we know they stand for quality.

On the day of our arrival we were greeting by one of the management team and she was very nice and told us they would see to it that our stay was wonderful. We got settled in and after our long drive thought how nice it would be to use the pool. Unfortunately our first bad event would be the pool as it was loaded with a bunch of rude black people that pretty much thought they were the only ones there. They blocked the pool entry, their children were running, screaming, and doing cannon balls into the pool which is only 4 feet deep. This of course was to no fault of the hotel, except the pool water was filthy, as was the deck around the pool littered and small stones everywhere to include the pool itself. This was only on that day so we just left and hoped this group would be gone by the time we wanted to use pool the next day.

Our first night was great, and the next morning the breakfast was ok, but could have been better had they gotten the breakfast sandwiches out. They brought a few at a time and we just finally gave up and had a bagel with cream cheese instead. We were out until just after 6pm and after a day of seeing the Atlanta Aquarium, Coke World, and the Atlanta Underground we were pooled and ready to enjoy our room and the pool again. When we went up to our room there was a work crew present working in and out of various room, to include the hallway just ourside our room. We thought this was strange being it was well after 6pm, but figured they were wrapping it up and would be gone by the time we got back from pool. Our first big disappointment was seeing that the maid....(who we left a tip for) had failed to totally clean the room. She had not touched the vanity area where the coffee maker was. The coffee cups were still dirty and the ice bucket from night before was still sitting there full of water. The entire area needed to be cleaned. We called the front desk and they were quick to come up and clean the area and resupply the coffee. The lady that did so was the desk manager and she gave us $30 work of credits to use at the hotel snack bar or "Grab and Go". So off to pool we went where this time there was only one other person there and no loud rude people like the day before. Unfortunately the pool was still filthy as the deck had much of the same litter about as it did the day before, the water was stinky and cloudy, and the little rocks were still all about the area and in the pool. We went ahead and stayed and used the pool for about 20 minutes then headed back to our room. When arriving the men were still there and it is now almost 7:30 pm, so I ask them if they will soon be done. The guy says no that they will be working for at least a few more house. This would not have been bad had it not been that they were drilling and hammering on the walls outside our room. This was suppose to be a romantic evening for us and it turned into a bit of pure Hell. The desk manager apologized and said she would look into it, but an hour latter called back to say it would be going on. Bang Bang Bang, buzz buzz buzz...it is now almost 9pm and a knock on door, It is some man trying to tell us the work has to go on due to some air condition problems that ocured a week before due to a storm. Turns out he was the property maintenance manager and pretty much had an attitude of ......too bad. He also gives us a hotel credit for $15 for snacks.... Big Deal. This work went on until almost 10 pm and at last they left...YEA.

Next morning as we were heading to breakfast the young lady who checked us in ask...How is your stay???? We bent her ear and told her about the prior evening... the nasty pool, you name it. She is very apologetic and says there will be no charge for the previous night, and she sets us up with a Hyatt Gold Card account with about 5000 points on it. We are at least happy that someone hears our story and head onto breakfast which today is far better than the previous day. That night when we return to room there is a hand written letter of apology from Asst. General Manager telling us she had been told the work would be done by 7pm the night before. She also sent us up a nice bottle of red wine and a Happy Anniversary Card. We went back down to pool in high hopes it would be far better too..... not the case. The area was still dirty and the pool water nasty.

All and all this stay was not what it should have been. They have some issues to resolve and I am not sure after what happened they are really sincere about doing better. One thing I do need to say is that the staff we encountered were always very friendly and professional. That is the only thing that made our stay noteworthy.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerDude31320
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband was working in Atlanta for a few days so I tagged along. This hotel was Awesome, From the front desk staff to the cleaning crew to the Exercise room. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Everytime I come to Atlanta I stay at the Hyatt Place-Galleria. The location is great and the hotel is very well managed. I have never had a bad experience there with the room or the hotel staff. The front desk staff are friendly and accomodating. The rooms are always spotless. The food that is available in the lobby is also very good..not cheap, but very good! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that needs to stay in northwest Atlanta as it is right at the crux of I-75 and I-285.

Room Tip: I always prefer a room at the end of the corridor so that I only have one other guest room adjoining mine.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo