“Nice choice for business.”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Georgia
“Nice choice for business.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Very pleasant staff, nice room and amenities. Traveled solo for business and felt safe. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: King room had a sofa and was much roomier than I expected.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

The only reason for the poor rating is that the shower was cold, otherwise it was a nice hotel for the price. I complained about it and was told that maintenance would be called, but nobody ever followed up to let us know when or if anything had been done. I ended up taking a cold shower because I had to get on with my day. My friend waited at least an hour after I took my shower and it was still not hot.

The continental breakfast was very good and the room was clean and nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

We're really liking Hyatt Place as a chain. We got a great deal on priceline for this hotel and were really happy with the hotel. Walter checked us in and he was great and called us by name for the rest of our stay, he was great. We like the rooms in this chain and enjoyed the option of having a quick dinner without leaving the hotel. Breakfast was also good with fresh fruit, yogurt etc. Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: May be better to get a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

Stayed here on business and was appreciative of its location and proximity to work. Hotel is very close to malls, restaurants, and the freeway. The rooms are clean, with flat screen TVs. The comp breakfast is typical, but adequate enough to start the day. The staff is welcoming and considerate. All in all a great value.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
broxton, g
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Hyatt Place is an excellent place to stay. When arriving at the hotel were great by a wonderful smelling lobby. Rooms are large including large screeen tvs. Modern aminities.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Fayette County, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

I had a free night here using a coupon from my credit card company, and it was delightful. Jamel greeted me warmly, gave me the room type I requested (quiet, away from 285, high floor, king) and took a sincere interest in the quality of my stay. At breakfast the next morning, he remembered my name and made sure all was well. He seemed to be in charge of refreshing the breakfast items and checked them regularly.
Room - happily reminded me of Spring Hill Suites by Marriott. Wonderful, clean, comfortable, spacious; had area with minibar type sink, counter with coffee maker and mini fridge; modern work desk area with technology plug-ins, free internet; huge sectional sofa and ottoman, living area separated from bed area by a partial wall. Huge high-def flat screen tv was great and could be angled to view from sofa or from bed. Was surprised by high price of new-release movies - $16.99?!!!!! Thankfully, I found a slightly older movie that I enjoyed for $4.99. Closet with wonderful full mirror door was in a nook next to the vanity counter and sink, outside of the bathroom, which was convenient. Bathroom was spotless and had toilet and tub/shower with an optional heat lamp. King bed was comfortable and I liked the covers - a light duvet plus a light spread on top - good combination. Plenty of comfy pillows, plus a small shelf and nice light with just-right adjustable brightness on each side of bed. Good climate control options - high or low fan, a/c, or heat. Free local phone calls. Liked drapes - sheers to let in filtered light if desired over blackout curtains for quality rest. I appreciated that the maid honored my "sleeping" indication on door handle and did not knock on door before I checked out just before 11am. Free local phone calls. Ice machine on each floor.
Building is in a busy area and I heard some airplanes, but not during the night - not a real issue. Well-lit free parking.
Area : Convenient to lots of good shopping and dining plus cultural events at nearby Cobb Energy Center or Cobb Galleria. Two unique nearby restaurants that I loved are Buckhead Pizza in the Cobb Galleria and f2O (fresh to order fine food) which is on the Costco end of Cumberland Mall.
Hotel's fitness room had treadmills, a stationary bike, and a machine that combines working your arms and a stepper - not sure what you call it - an elliptical?
Free Breakfast - hot oatmeal with optional toppings, assortment of cereals, milks, juices, breads, fresh fruits, yogurts, coffee and tea. Donuts, plain bagels and plain English muffins. Hot proteins and waffles were available for purchase. My order of scrambled eggs and bacon (6.50) was disappointing because the eggs seemed like the powdered, rubbery kind and the bacon was really thin, but a few potato wedges came with it which were a nice surprise. If they upgrade to individual eggs and thick bacon it will be a winner.
Hotel lobby is delightful. It is divided into cozy lounge-type sections with a tv nook, an internet nook, breakfast area, small bar area, comfy waiting area, etc. There is a refrigerated case next to check-in which contained a nice variety of drinks and yummy-looking grab-and-go sandwiches and salads for purchase. Cookies were also on display, and they offer a nice menu of foods for ordering there or in-room which were reasonably priced. Also, Carrabbas is right next door and will deliver.
Did not use outdoor pool since it is out of season, but it looked nice. Also did not use free shuttle service since I had my car there, but that is a great and important offering for those that need it. I think Hyatt has a winning combination with this hotel chain. I really enjoyed my stay and will look for these along with Hampton and Holiday Inn Express when I travel. Many thanks!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Thrifty3
ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

I'm beginning to love these Hyatt Place hotels. Consistency is KEY!! This location was no different. Spacious, clean and met my expectations.

I arrived late into ATL and had to drive to HP. I got lost. I called the hotel and they quickly gave me directions to the hotel. I was on 85 instead of 75. YIKES!!! So my 30 minute drive from the airport turned into 1 1/2 drive. I kept driving and saying this doesn't seem right. Let me go a little further. LOL! Well I was totally lost and was a damsel in distress by the time I reached the hotel. Of course, the night arrive in ATL it is pouring rain and a cold front has made it's arrival. So I was cold, wet and miserable when I arrived at the hotel. I was quickly assigned my room - 2nd floor two doors down from the elevator. I changed clothes, cranked the heat up, and was out like a light.. the bed was comfy and room was cozy...I slept like a baby.

I was in town for business and a little pleasure. Location was spot on - shopping and eating was near by. Carrabba's delivers. It is basically next door but due to the weather it was nice to know that they deliver. The continental breakfast was fine. I just wish they had the waffle maker. You can purchase hot breakfast.

As I mentioned in my title I like the HP. I enjoy the seperate sleeping quarters. It feels more like a one bdrm studio apt. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Galleria Ballpark Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria? Share your experiences!