“Will not go back for dinner”

McCray's Tavern West Village
Reserve with OpenTable
McCray's Tavern West Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 205 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Atlanta Road
Description: Redefining the concept of the American neighborhood bar and grill McCray's Tavern brings Smyrna upscale pub grub in an exciting atmosphere. Our restaurant features 45 beers on tap, daily specials, free poker games for house cash, a private dining room, outdoor patio dining, game day menus, brunch, and more!
Smyrna, Georgia
“Will not go back for dinner”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Crab-stuffed salmon was undercooked to a nearly unhealthy level. My steak was tougher than the shoes I was wearing. The spring rolls were more like burritos full of beef. I will not have dinner here again. My wife and I were severely disappointed. Service wasn't anything to write home about either. The only plus is that the bar scene is decent.

• Visited July 2011

New Bern, North Carolina
“Impressed!”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We have now eaten at McCray's 3 times now. It is mostly typical pub food, but with an upscale twist. Everything we have eaten there has been GOOD. Their onion rings are real onions, thick cut, and coated in panko, served with homemade ranch dressing. We have had sandwiches, salads, chicken wings, and everything has been very tasty. Their mac and cheese is yummy (Velveeta style with a twist.) Everything appears to be home made, except their french fries, which are the high-end batter dipped kind. I always appreciate a place that goes the extra mile to not serve me something that came out of freezer box, and then call it their own. Hubs and I have decided this place goes in to the lunch rotation! Service has always been quite good, also. Only complaint is that it is a little dark in there. We haven't tried the homemade potato chips with bleu cheese, but the table next to us ordered them, and all we heard were groans of contentment! Next time.

• Visited July 2011