“Baymont” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Elgin, Illinois
“Baymont”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

When I tried to check in the computer system was down so there was a 20 minute delay just waiting to get a room. Not such a big deal until the next morning when I didn't get my wake up call and missed my flight. Had to use the wake up call feature because the alarm clock in the room didn't work either. Not a good showing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Smyrna
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel has everything going for it except the most important thing, good customer services. The owners (a couple) were brisk, harassing, and just never happy to help you with anything. Not only that they made you feel like it was putting them out to even give you what you needed like towels. There friends and family overrun the area taking up the pool and computer area at times. I went with a friend and I will never go back to this place. The smoking was more than just cigarettes and filled the halls of the first floor. My clothes reeked. Please stay away from this place if you care about how you are treated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

A last minute trip left us with no choice for hotels. This hotel was a last resort. We had the king suite (the nicest room they have). The sheets had pubic hair in them, we asked for replacements and were given a set with cigarette burn holes in them. We replaced them ourselves. The room came with a jacuzzi tub that we bleached before we got in because of the hair inside the tub. There were pee stains on the toilet seat. The manager was extremely rude and unfriendly. The maid came in our room and told us we needed to checkout or pay for another night 5 minutes after check out. The whole hotel smells like a mixture of smoke and bad incense. When the maids were cleaning yesterday, it smelt so strongly of smoke it seemed they smoked while they cleaned. All the sheets were stained and dirty looking ( not to mention the hairs everywhere). The hotel clerk seemed to be giving people keys to rooms they had not paid for. The back door's card reader did not work so it stayed propped open all day so anyone could come in and at night you had to come through the front door. Over all a terrible experience. Bring your own sheets, pillows, towels, and bleach. I do not believe they actually clean the rooms. They just re-set up.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room, here at Baymont Inn & suites, Smyrna, GA. On booking.com, I filtered my search to a pet friendly place. When I noticed Baymont on the list, immediately all my attention Was focused toward this particular Hotel, because I had a pleasant stay at one in Waycross, GA on July 4 this year..
When reading room descriptions I chose the "king non-smoking suite" for $85 mainly because the description of the room also read "hot tub". When I got here, I did not get what I booked. I have a decent room , but not what I had in mind. I've been Smoking so I do not feel like telling The rest, Bottom line, nice room, but what booked wasn't honored, so ultimately, I'm dissatisfied, if that's a word.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Comfort Inn & Suites Galleria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Smyrna? Share your experiences!