“over rated but stikl good”
Review of Lime Taqueria & Tequila Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lime Taqueria & Tequila Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I know it's called the lime but everything lime... a little over rated. great price great location like the soup. I'll come back for lunch never dinner

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I like the location, the decor, and the specials...a different twist on some of your old favorites. Drinks are very good, and they have outdoor seating too!

1  Thank Kankead8
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Excellent food.. Wife ordered the three taco combo and I had the Fierdos al Paifico.. Fresh meat, scallops and shrimp.. Great sangria! We had Lane as our server and she was wonderful..! Friendly, funny and was a natural as she left us alone as needed but also happened by whenever we did need something... We went here for Scoutmob, but will be back! Go here and tip appropriately! We need more like this in OTP!

Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is actually now called the Village Taqueria & Tequila Bar.

We purchased a Groupon for this place, so went to check it out, but we'll definitely be back.

The menu is probably slightly more expensive than the "standard" Mexican restaurant, but the quality definitely makes it worth it little added expense. My wife had the Puerco a la Michoacana (braised pork with rice) for $14, and I a taco trio for $12. (You can pick the trio - I had mole, chorizo and barbarcoa, which is braised beef. The barbarcoa is the best of these. There are 10 different types of tacos.) Everything was great.

They have a large margarita menu and a decent beer menu. Although they don't have draft beer, you can still get the typical "big beer" that you find at a Mexican restaurant since they have 32 oz bottles of Tecate for $6 or Corona for $8.

They have a nice little outdoor seating area, along with a large interior. There was a short wait for the patio, but we decided we didn't want to wait, so just ate inside. They were busy, but service was great. (Andrew is a great waiter.)

I'd definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Now called the Village Taqueria, it's location is convenient to most of Smyrna, and also the Cumberland Mall/Galleria area. We've been there a couple times for lunch and dinner. The guacamole is excellent, although they give you too few chips with it.

The fajitas are good, not excellent. The portion size at lunch was actually bigger than at dinner for some reason, which doesn't make any sense. The tacos were very good as well, and they have many different variants to choose from.

That being said, the prices are reasonable and the food is good enough. The service has also been spotty (sometimes good, sometimes indifferent).