Days Inn Smyrna
$134
Hyatt.com
Smyrna Inn(Smyrna)
$60
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Decent hotel but the front desk people are rude. It takes them forever to take trash out of the trash cans in the hallways. The tv is shaky so sometimes it goes black and you have to hit it on the side to come back. The water isn't that hot. For a non smoking room there was cigarette burns. The breakfast is a joke. Juice machine was out of juice and the front desk wouldn't refill and there was only beagles and apples. Don't be fooled.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Towritelove
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is rip-off city!!! Apparently recently taken over by Days Inn, a sign hangs over the entry that says NOW OPEN giving you the idea the 30 year old property was recently overhauled. The desk clerk (Porsche) was very nice - the ONLY highlight of the stay. The lobby is about the only thing redone - and even that is still 'under construction' in a sporadic way. When we arrived at our room (keep in mind, interior entries), the paint on the door was peeling away. Walking inside, a horrible musty odor was loud - the a/c had not been used in months. The walls were cracked and huge black marks, handprints and food stains (and who knows what else) were apparent ALL OVER THE ROOM. It looked like someone had dragged furniture around and had a brawl. In their 'upgrade' they didn't paint. Odd and end type furniture. Beds didn't match - mine had a gulley in it. Two pillows on one bed; three on the other. The receptable in the bathroom was hanging off the wall and mold traced an outline on the wall. I asked the manager if she would like me to call the electrical inspector to view what they are renting to guests. On the floor in the bathroom, the flashing was pulling back. Curtains were torn. Show curtain was gross. Towels were BLACK with stains!!!! I took one to the manager (daytime desk clerk), and invited her and their housekeeping supervisor to come in and look at what I had to sleep in. Their excuses were that they didn't know. Poor management team. No excuse for not knowing what you are renting, for, what I might add, was not a competitive rate!!! After getting maybe 3 hours of sleep (afraid to move in the bed, scared to think what was UNDER the beds and not seen), we went to the complimentary breakfast. OMG! What an insult! One orange in the bowl with a big spot on it! No milk for the cereal (which was a choice of two in the plastic sealed bowls), stale bagels, coffee and 'fake' orange juice. That was it! I have never experienced this type of treatment in all my years of travel - and I do quite a bit of travel. I had stayed away from Days Inn chain for several years after a bad experience which was only a percentage of this nightmare. I decided to give them a try again, but will never ever - ever! do this again! Even Porsche's wonderful attitude and courtesy couldn't pursuade me from staying there our intended 7 nights!!!! I will be having a conversation with Days Inn directly about this...this should have been a block room during their so-called renovation. Looks nothing like the advertised pictures.

Room Tip: Stay away from this chain of hotels...They obviously don't care about putting their name on buildings!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a whim, the front desk staff was very nice. Seems as though they just went through some renovations. Room was clean and housekeeping staff was friendly.

Price was very reasonable. Quite nice area.
I would stay here again if passing through the Atlanta area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2011

they hire theives for maids and the manager will do nothing about it.

Room Tip: don't stay at western inn in smyrna ga.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I am extremely disappointed with this place, We had planed a trip by car from Cape Coral, Florida to Georgia ( 9 HOURS DRIVING) because it was my birthday, July 4th, and We wanted to try something different than Orlando theme parks, so We decided to go to Six Flags. We had booked this hotel in advance for 3 nights and advice them of a late check in (for the long drive of course), well long story short, when we got there at 4:00am I had to wait at the front desk for at least 10 minutes I looked everywhere around even in the conference room and nobody showed up, ( I could steal something and anybody would notice it) when finally the front desk guy WOKE UP. He approached to me all surprised and robbing his eyes, took my reservation paper and told me that NO ROOM WHERE AVAILABLE AT THAT TIME and he couldn't do anything about it, that i had to come back next day at 3:00 pm for check in, I explained that i had my 4 years old son in the car and we were super tired and needed it some sleep, so He just said "Get in the car, go back to the interstate and get down in the next exit and find another hotel for tonight" OMG!!!! I was so upset that I couldn't say a word, He just turned back and I assume He went back to sleep. So at 5:00am already I had to get in my car and just drive around for another hotel in a city that I didn't know, with no sleep, and pay for another room when I already had paid for one. In the morning I tried to call the hotel and nobody answered so I call the web page that I used to do the reservation and the couldn't get a hold of anybody for more than an hour so they agreed with me and refunded my money, but no money at all could pay for the HORRIBLE TIME that they made me have, so please DON'T GO TO THIS HORRIBLE PLACE...!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family