“A+ stay. Highly recommended.”

Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A+ stay. Highly recommended.”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

It was my first visit to the Atlanta area. The staff and service were quite exceptional illustrating a combination of professional and Southern hospitality at its best.

I give kudos to Adam who addressed all of my questions and concerns at the front desk. He was definitely above and beyond, very accommodating, and good at putting my mind at ease. He was the first to point me to the right building while I was driving and looking for it after checking in via another associate. It's hard to part ways not smiling after checking out with Adam.

Somehow breakfast tasted even better and fresher than the average compared to other RI's my girlfriend and I stayed at before. More selections would've been nice but we can't argue with free or included breakfasts especially when it's a better-than-the-average quality one.

Bottom line: this particular location will definitely be my top choice whenever I'm visiting the Atlanta area again. It should be yours too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G1012JLpetera
Philippa M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you so much for all the kind things that you have said about the Residence Inn in Smyrna. We are here to serve you and appreciate your comments. Hope to see you again if you need a hotel in this area near to Cumberland Mall.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I am in hotels between 48 to 50 weeks per year and have been doing so for the past decade. I travel extensively domestically and internationally as well. In doing so you can imagine that I am very particular on the type of hotels' I set up. Priorities never change (1) Good Nights Sleep (2) Value (3) Internet Access (4) Can cook in room (5) On-site Excercise (6) Clean (7) Security (8) Staff Experience (9) Rooms are Mechanically sound (10) Ease of access. I can say that this property is managed very well, if I had to rate the management of this property as compared to others I have used it would be in the top 10 which is pretty good as I am comparing them against my 10+ years of experience. This property meets all of the needs of myself and the 10 other members of our team that are housed here. Nathan Collier, Stephanie Neville and General Manager Philippa are all top notch professionals that make sure all has been done or will be done to maximize your experience. Awesome property right in the heart of the Cobb Galleria and Cumberland Mall yet it still gives you the appearance of being a bit secluded. My team was in residence during both sever winter weather events in Atlanta this year, we did not lose power and the hotel was very helpful in all aspects. During the first snow event they opened their lobby to those that were stranded, and the staff worked extended hours to ensure everyone was safe...Huge cudo's to the management of the property and the staff that worked so hard, we cannot say thanks enough times!

Room Tip: I always request a top floor room to minimize the noise level and promote a good nights sleep. Here...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Douglas C
Philippa M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this awesome, detailed review of the hotel. I shared it with the staff today and they all had huge smiles on their faces. We all take pride in making guest comfortable and productive while with us and I am so pleased that has been your experience. Thank you for continuing to stay with us each week and as you know please reach out to any staff member at any time if we can be of further service.

Be safe in your travels and see you again soon.

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed here for almost 3 months. Got a penthouse for $99/day. Breakfast is included, but since the breakfast menu never changes , you might get bored with it after a while.
They also have an evening social , 4 days week, which is quite good.
The great USP is location. Within a couple of miles from the hotel, almost everywhere you need to go for food and shopping seems to be present.
It's also quite near to the Cumberland boulevard, so the traffic noise is there, especially more prominent during the night, although it can easily be ignored, unless you are too fussy.
The hotel comprises of small 1 and 2 storey cottages and doors open to open air. Which is quite nice. Quite unlike packed spaces of other hotels which I find claustrophobic.
Internet connection was quite horrible for the first couple of weeks, but I was explained they were changing the ISP. After the change, the service turned okay. Don't bother paying extra for a premium internet as the speed of free and premium internet is same. Also the download speeds might not be adequate if you are a heavy user and make video calls, stream movies etc.
Room service is quite good too, a standard set of utensils are provided. There is a TV in living room and each bedroom, which a good selection of TV channels.
Overall a very wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Try rooms on the cottages that do not face the road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KalyanKrishna1
Philippa M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you very much for such a detailed and kind review of the hotel. I am delighted that you took the time to comment as I see you are a world traveler and would be very aware of quality! We appreciate your time to help our hotel. Again thanks for spreading the word about our Residence Inn in Smyrna GA where the internet speeds are reportedly excellent now. Be safe in the skies and all the best for 2014.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night this past week, while visiting my daughter. It was honestly one of the nicest and cleanest and most comfortable hotel stays of my life! We will definitely stay there again in the near future, as my daughter only lives 3 minutes from there. The front desk staff was nice, they have a nice breakfast bar, as well as food offerings in the early evening. Definitely worth a stay! I do not have one single complaint. Great place to stay! Kitchen was fully stocked with everything one would need to cook with etc. No food, but I mean pots and pans etc. The internet connection was great, too. The bed was super comfy and my husband kept raving about how great the bed felt. Nice pillows, too!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoveBug41
Philippa M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a super review! We so love taking care of our guests that it heartwarming when have a great stay. We would love for you to make this your home away from home when visiting your daughter. Thank you and have an awesome Thanksgiving.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Super and attentive service for my wife and I and our two grown children and their families. There was an issue with hot water in the upstairs bath of one of the two suites we rented for the week and it too longer than expected and more than 2 reminders to get it fixed. However, in the end it was fixed and uninvited the management credit one night's rent as comp for the inconvenience. Well worth the money.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert S
Philippa M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you giving us 4 out of 5 stars!!! We appreciate that rating so much. Sounds like the temp needed to be adjusted on the hot water in your room and I am regret that there was a delay in getting it fixed! Please accept my sincere apology. Otherwise sound like we took care of your family and would love to have you back. Thank again for writing this great review.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I would like to say a word about your wonderful associates..one in particular "Adam". He went above and beyond to assist us. His thoroughness, follow-thru, willingness and professionalism very much impressed my husband and myself. This calibur of employee is rare indeed. He is "One of those employees" that makes Marriott properties preferred. It is a given that the room will be impeccably clean, check in/out goes without hassle, appliances work, shower hot, etc. But what makes Marriott..are these persons who daily go out of their way. They do not do it for recognition...it is just their way. It is said that one person can make all the difference. Adam was that person.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UPprincess
residunwoody, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
WOW!!! I am so pleased and proud that you had such a positive experience here. We strive every day to take care of the hotel, each other and most especially you - our guests! I will read your comments aloud in our daily meeting so that Adam can be recognized in front of his peers. Again thank for taking time to spread the word about your experience here.

Warm Regards

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The check in staff was outgoing and friendly. The room (single) was very clean and well-kept. Housekeeping staff was good, amenities were nice, location was close to major mall, other shopping locations, and easy access to freeway. Bathroom was *tiny* but water pressure in shower was very good. All rooms are exterior entrance, which surprised me, and the door to my room was hard to open and had to be slammed shut. Great value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a fair and wonderful review for us. I can see that you are well travelled so getting great comments from you means a lot. If you would like to send me an email directly about the room number so that we can check on the door that would be fantastic. Once again thank you.

Philippa Monthrope
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Galleria Ballpark Area

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria? Share your experiences!