“Nice studio near Cumberland mall”

Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Randstad
“Nice studio near Cumberland mall”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Recently refurbished Residence Inn with great location and nice atmosphere

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fambuis
pmonthrope, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to say such nice things about your stay at the Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland. Hope to meet you on your next trip to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Koekelberg, Belgium
Reviewed December 21, 2011

No wi-fi yet, renovations done but not always high quality, tried and tested Residence Inn formula (decent breakfast, evening reception).
What stands out is the genuine concern and service

• Stayed December 2011
Hello and thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. I am sorry that the wireless was not installed at the time of your stay but I wanted you to know that it is completely ready now and you can access the internet via our newly installed wireless network from anywhere on the property - including your suites, the outdoor pool area or the free breakfast lobby area. I certainly hope you stay with us on your next trip to the area. Safe Travels
Omaha, Ne
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is the second year in a row I've stayed at the Residence Inn. The staff is friendly without being obnoxious (you know the type I'm talking about), the beds are comfortable, and the place is both spacious and private. Each suite has its own full kitchen, which is a bonus ... It means I can have home-cooked food while on the road. I get to save money and eat better that way. Every morning there is a full buffet breakfast served in the office area. It's close to the interstate, but just far enough away that there's no noise from the traffic. Each unit has sliding glass doors that leads out onto a clean little patio. The whole place is designed for comfort while you're away from home, and I loved every bit of it. I'll be back next year, no question!

Room Tip: All the rooms are identical, I believe. At least, in my experience.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank OmahaStar
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I wanted to post my findings for researching this facility. I'm in charge of a family reunion. I wanted hotels that can accommodate families. This hotel can do that. I was shown a 2 bedroom penthouse. It's a very nice layout and would have offered plenty of room. The room was clean and the furniture decent..even if it's not contemporary. The pool was average maybe on the small side. They had a grill. The reason, I choose not to use this facility, they immediately gave me a no noise/no party policy. For our type of function (looking to book 5 suites/with about 20 family members), this restrictive policy would have not worked. The kids would have been well supervised, but as the manager stated, their facility is used for long term stays and I wanted to be courteous to others and did not want my family to feel restricted/confined.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank norma_hotlanta
chennai
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I stayed here last here with my family when I went through my company on an official trip and stayed for 15 days till I got a rented apartment.
Good place for longer stay with family. They provide a very good varied breakfast, friendly staff and good reception staffs also. Free wifi in all rooms and internet with PC in the eating room.
Also has a small gym and swimming pool though we didnt use it much.
Also the location is good very close to my business (SITA office) and closer to cumberland mall and other shops. Though the cost is little bit on the higher side.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
US
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I have stayed at the Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland for over 8 weeks during last year. Having booked on a corporate rate, the value for money considering the proximity to our workplace, shopping and food outlets was just perfect. The buffet breakfast was filling as was the evening snack (whenever we could get back in time to have it). Would definately recommend this as the primary long stay option in Smyrna,GA.

• Liked — Proximity and convenience
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank GlobeTriper
Orlando
Reviewed January 3, 2010

The staff was the best I've seen in a long time. They were very friendly and eager to help. The room was very comfortable with a fire place. The breakfast was good.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnsriver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria? Share your experiences!