The Brasenose Arms
Premier Inn Banbury (M40, J11) Hotel(Banbury)(Great Value!)
$63
$91
Travelocity
$93
Hotels.com
All reviewsb bvillage pubproper pubfriendly localspub foodtea and coffee facilitiesnice toiletrieslovely villagechoice of cerealsbanbury areaevening mealcomfortable staysmall villagewell worth a visitfull englishbaguettefresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2013

As a traveling musician, I stay in a huge variety of places from squats to 5* Hotels. I can honestly say that The Brasenose is one of my favourite places to play and stay. It's clean, welcoming and has a great atmosphere. The beer is well kept and the food is fantastic (dinner and breakfast). The patrons are incredibly friendly but not in some false money making kind of way, as are the rest of the staff. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Matt W
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have visited The Brasenose several times before as a meeting place and during the Fairport Convention Cropredy Music Festival, but this was the first time I had stayed overnight. As usual, the staff were friendly and welcoming, the food lovely, the atmosphere warm and relaxing. The live music in the bar was fab, and although it was still playing after we retired to our room, it was quietly in the background. Our room was comfortable and had everything we needed with a good sized en-suite bathroom. The window gave a nice view over the gardens. The Brasenose is one of my absolute favourite places to be.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We continue to have great evenings at this local music venue and dining pub, which I can imagine makes a brilliant b n b too as long as you don't want to retire to bed too early when the bands are playing! Food exceeds expectations for the type of establishment and the fairly basic homely surroundings, with good portions. The staff are always friendly and the locals usually don't bite either, though I did have one odd 'Hot fuzz - type' moment recently when a rather rude young lady drawled 'you're no from the villege - are you?' after I'd asked her to vacate the seat she'd just nicked from me. That apart, every night there has been a good one, as the landlord is still well connected in the music world and brings fantastic blues and soul acts from far afield as well as showcasing local talent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Brasenose looks like 3 old cottages knocked into one pub. I love the decor, which is shabby chic with idiosyncratic touches. Our bed had thick cotton sheets, and we both slept like tops, helped by the excellent Hooky beer and a good long walk along the canal. The breakfast sausages deserve a special mention, and the food is good in the restaurant, with some exotic touches. Very warm atmosphere in the bar, with confident friendly staff. Music at the weekends sounds fabulously eclectic with roots and blues/ cello players/rock and roll. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I recently booked all rooms at the Brasenose for our wedding party, as we were married in Cropredy.
All the guests loved their stay and many want to go back, the accommodation was clean and well looked after and everyone commented on how good the breakfasts were. Especially the sausages!
It was great that the grooms-party were so well looked after.

The only negative I have is when the place gets busy for food, the wait can be very long. We had hungry children with us one night and wanted some bread, or chips ahead of our meal as we didn’t mind waiting, but this was not catered for and the waiter did get rather flustered!
However the burgers are a must and are wonderful.
The owners are very approachable and welcoming.

An excellent stay had by all, thank you Brasenose.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends