“No longer Jasmine Tea Room”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jasmine Tea Room & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Sharpsburg
McDonough, Georgia
“No longer Jasmine Tea Room”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a sad day! We have been eating at the Jasmine Tea Room for over 15 years, but what we thought was Jasmine is no longer. There is a new restaurant at Collectors Corners store. It was horrible!!! The owners are trying to have somewhat of the same menu,but the food was way over priced and disgusting. Also, the servers were rude. This restaurant will not make it. No wonder the place was empty.Collectors corners store needs to make a change.

• Visited July 2013
8 Thank 800Susan800

Atlanta, Georgia
“bad service”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Over priced and bad service! Don't bring your children there not welcome! The owner is very rude! :(

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank UsHappytraveler
“Quaint little restaurant with great food”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We went for lunch at this quaint tea room and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I had a BLT sandwich which had fried green tomatoes and feta cheese on it, fabulous. Also came with seasoned fries that were also quite yummy. My sisters both had huge salads that they said were delightful and were different in their combinations. My one sister is gluten intolerent and was easily able to find items that she could eat.
The service was good, even a little overly attentive but we were one of only 2 customers at that point in the restaurant as it was closing. It closed at 3pm, would have been nice if it was open until 4pm.
There is also a great boutique shop across the hallway that was very fun to wander through after lunch and had great items to buy.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank lovetonenana
Douglasville, Georgia
“Annual Destination to Eat and Shop with Friends”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

For several years a group of five of us have traveled to Collector's Corner at Christmas to shop for unique gifts and eat at the Jasmine Tea Room & Restaurant. We love the signature chicken salad, homemade potato chips and homemade cake, pie, and desserts. Each meal starts with a complimentary muffin and we like the hot teas offered. This year we tried something different, the fried green tomato blt, but should have stuck to the tried and true signature chicken salad. Don't bother with the fried green tomato sandwich on ordinary white sandwich bread. Even when you add bacon and balsamic vinegar to these fried green tomatoes you don't have a winner. We are southern girls and know what good fried green tomatoes look and taste like and this wasn't them. My advice is stick to the signature chicken salad or some other tried and true menu item. The desserts as usual were good but not over the top. Service was very good and fast. I am certain the economy has taken a hit on this small tea room off the beaten path and we appreciate them still even being there. $22.50 for Fried Green Tomato BLT, small portion of ordinary fries, iced tea, average size slice of cake and tip was a bit overpriced. For that price the lunch should have been a bit special and not so meager. Hope for improvement next visit.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank KY_Road_Trippers
“Want to go back”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I was there 2 years ago when I was in the area to visit my best friend. She loves the place so she took me. We both had the chicken salad sandwich with homemade chips. Everything was wonderful! She came to visit me last year. I can't wait for my visit to her house so we can have lunch again.

5 Thank travelingmomofone