“Excellent, but not perfect. ”

The Georgian Room at the Cloister
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Sea Island
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed the 4 course dinner on Christmas Day. We were warmly welcomed, and even got a purse stool for my purse. We selected a half bottle of the Billecart Salmon rose champagne. I first did not like it too much, and it was cloudy. The sommelier asked if I wanted some other champagne, but my husband wanted to try it, so I was hesitant to return it, and wanted to see if it opened up.
I selected the foie gras, it was presented beautifully on a marble “plate”, but it was too rare and I did not like all the citrus that accompanied the dish. The chef brought me the soup, which was excellent.
The salad with the white truffle cheese was the best salad I ever had in my life.
The steak with truffle sauce, and my husbands fish entree was very good. I had to exchange the fork that “had lost its battle with the dishwasher “.
The chocolate soufflé was excellent.
The sommelier finally returned, and I asked him why this champagne was still cloudy. It had something to do with the yeast, but we thought it was a bad bottle. It should have been taken back right away. We were offered a glass of vintage Perrier Joliet Belle Époque rose, which made us feel better. But I still regret not having sent back that expensive bottle of champagne.
The service was impeccable, and the ambiance very stylish and quiet.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

So, they don't advertise the "Kitchen Table" at the Georgian Room. It's a bit word-of-mouth. And yes, it is crazy expensive. Like, save-up-all-year expensive, for me, anyway. You get a table on the floor in the kitchen. Kitchen staff and chef greet you at full attention. At ease, folks. It's a back-stage pass to one of the better culinary shows on earth. We had eleven plates with a paired tasting-pour of wines for each. I won't go into the dishes because they change. Basically tasting plates of popular main menu items. It's like sampling the whole menu and then the chef throws in some surprises. A calm little table for two set off from the beautiful chaos of the kitchen.

3  Thank Saye506
Reviewed November 6, 2017

It was our last night at Sea Island so we decided to treat ourselves. We has an excellent meal here, best service ever. With tip, our bill was just under $300 for two of us, but, it was a wonderful, once in a lifetime experience. Everything was prepared perfectly.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

4 of us stopped by the lounge early for a drink. At the time of our reservation for dinner, we were ushered to our table without so much as an inquiry as to whether we were ready. They played the you can only get reservations at 7pm, no earlier or later...Interesting there were 4 table occupied the entire evening. Our server was an amateur with a trainee. He tried to get the trainee to do all the service, which was a joke. Neither could pronounce half the dishes on the menu. The only professionalism came from the sommelier. The food was excellent with prices starting over $50 for an entree. One should expect professional service for this.

2  Thank templetongirl
Reviewed September 6, 2017

The Georgian truly lived up to its reputation. The service was spectacular, the setting elegant and enjoyable, and the food beyond delicious. The raclette (served by the Chef himself) was gorgeous, the lamb spectacular and the souffle perfect. The experience was superb, a wonderfully memorable evening. Thank you.