“Best service & a wonderful family vacation”

The Cloister at Sea Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sea Island
Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you have children, Camp Cloister is a fabulous program. Very family friendly. Breakfast is amazing. Overall, restaurants at the Lodge are better than Cloister. "Love bugs" are everywhere in Sept or Oct, so may not be the most ideal time to go. The service was top-notch from housekeeping & bellman up to the GM...wow! All accomodations are very nice, but the Villas were huge & not far from everything at all- 4min walk mabye or you can call for a golf cart & its there before you leave you often! Special touches by all staff made it a trip we'll never forget. It lives up to its ratings.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
RRiess, General Manager at The Cloister at Sea Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write and sharing your recent stay experience at Sea Island. I truly appreciate your warm compliments and look forward to sharing them with the team. I hope to welcome you and your family back to Sea Island soon. Please contact me directly if I may be of assistance.

There are newer reviews for The Cloister at Sea Island

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Absolutely amazing! Can't wait to return. We were treated like VIP's and the staff couldn't do enough to make our visit perfect. We were celebrating our 20th Anniversary and it seemed like everyone was aware of that. Our suite at the Beach Club was incredibly large, impeccably clean and had a spacious balcony overlooking the pool area and views of the ocean. It was well appointed with beautiful furniture and décor and all the amenities you could wish for. The pool attendees were friendly and professional. The spa is incredible and you are truly pampered. The restaurants on site are all the best you can find anywhere. The management was kind enough to send champagne to our room for our anniversary visit. So very kind and thoughtful! It is not inexpensive, but certainly worth the price. Although this was an anniversary trip, I did notice that the hotel is perfect for families as well. Something for everyone!

Room Tip: King Suite in Beach Club with ocean view balcony is incredible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FabulousTL
RRiess, General Manager at The Cloister at Sea Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for choosing Sea Island to celebrate your wedding anniversary. I sincerely appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Sea Island. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. We hope to welcome you back to Sea Island soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I returned to Sea Island for Davis Love's McGladry Golf Tournament this past weekend and had an amazing time. The resort did a fantastic job hosting the event and the amenities provided were over the top from the beautiful\relaxing spa to the shopping and the delicious food in the outlets. This is my third visit to Sea Island and I have thought many times about keeping my experience to myself but it is just too nice of a place to not share with others looking for a special place to visit on business or with family and friends. I have stayed at both The Lodge and The Cloisters and you can't go wrong with either facility. I cannot recommend Sea Island, GA enough - it is a beautiful part of the country and one of my favorite resorts.

Room Tip: I can't imagine there being a bad room at this resort, but if you can get one overlooking the wa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
RRiess, General Manager at The Cloister at Sea Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for being a loyal guest at Sea Island! I truly appreciate your warm compliments regarding the 2013 McGladrey Classic. We strive to offer our guests extraordinary experiences that are worthy of sharing with friends and family. I look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Island soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

As a resident of Central Florida, I thought I had been to all of the great resorts in the South. I was wrong! Spent 3 nights in a suite at the Cloister during the PGA tour's McGladrey Classic and could not have been more pleased with the resort.
First of all the Cloister building is spectacular. High ceilings, top end finishes and the staff could not be more helpful. Our suite was beautiful and spacious and had all of the amenities you would expect from a 5 star experience and more.
Went to a dinner event at the Beach Club which is a beautiful spot right on the water.
Ate and drank at the River Bar and both lunch and dinner were great.
My wife and I cannot wait to bring the family back. This place is amazing and in my opinion blows away anything similar like Amelia Island for example.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for being a recent guest at Sea Island. I appreciate you taking the time to write regarding your experience at our resort during the 2013 McGladrey Classic. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and would love the opportunity to welcome you and the family back to Sea Island soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I go back to The Cloister or the Villas every year to relax and be pampered. We have been to many resorts all around the world, and this is one of the best that there is. Period. Everything is perfection: service, food, activities, personnel, location, etc. You've got beach, spa, golf and amazing food. There are only three Mobil Five star restaurants in the state of Georgia, two of them are on this property! The Georgian Room is not to be missed, the Chef's Table takes it to the next level -- some of the best food I have ever had in my life... can you tell I like this place?! And if you are a cigar smoker, the cigar lounge is like nothing I have seen at any hotel. Just go, you will thank me and be writing one of these reviews on your own.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I went to Sea Island for a business conference, and did not research the destination before I went. What a mistake! There are so many unique sights and experiences here, and the property is stunningly beautiful to boot! As this was a business conference, my free time was limited, but I did have some. Southern hospitality is in full swing at Sea Island! I did not meet a member of the staff that did not go out of their way for me.

Room Tip: I had a river view room: wood floors, crystal glasses in the bathroom, turndown service with slipper...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TakemewithyouArizona
RRiess, General Manager at The Cloister at Sea Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for being a recent guest at Sea Island! I truly appreciate your warm compliments and am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. We strive to offer our guests an extraordinary experience with warm hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Island soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've stayed at various places at Sea Island, including the Lodge and the Beach Club.

I strongly prefer the Lodge for many reasons. The Beach Club would be OK for families who are into swimming, but overall it isn't quite as nice as the Lodge. The Beach Club room was large and reasonably well appointed, though the lamp in the foyer was broken and the bathroom/shower/tub//sink affair was one very long hallway. And if one used the second sink, by the closet, you couldn't use the closet -- or vice versa. The bed in the Beach Club room was just barely acceptable. It needs replacement. Finding outlets to plug in various phones, tablets, etc, was not easy -- i had to leave one phone on the floor. Service, though, is attentive and the grounds are spectacular. Still, I would recommend the Lodge over the Beach Club -- its rooms are vastly superior, and it has a far more intimate feel about it.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with children who want to be near a pool, opt for the Beach Club. Otherwise...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank WheelsOnFire

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to Sea Island. I will follow up with the appropriate leaders with the issues you have noted. I apologize your stay wasn’t perfect but we do sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience as it will only help us get better. If I can be of any assistance with a future stay we would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in Sea Island.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sea Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
#3 of 9 in Jekyll Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to The Cloister at Sea Island? Share your experiences!