As a native of Georgia, I have been to St. Simons many times and always favored the main island over Sea Island. As an occassional visitor to Sea Island, it always seemed to be a little stuffy and intimidating, but always a first class resort. After a recent visit with friends during the "off season", I have a different opinion. The new Cloister was incredible and seemed to be more comfortable than other visits. Maybe it was the lower guest occupancy, but it was truly a comfortable and enjoyable stay while providing the best service and amenities. The restaurants, golf, spa, and overall experience were exceptional. We've already made plans to return and hope that the high season during summer will be just as enjoyable. If you have never been, I would highly recommend. The deals in the off season and the relative tranquility of the resort are a perfect combination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort that offers golf lessons plus a variety of other activities such as kayaking, horseback riding, sailing and swimming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your The Cloister at Sea Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cloister At Sea Island Hotel Sea Island
- Cloister Resort Sea Island
- Cloister Sea Island
- The Cloister At Sea Island Georgia