“5 star facility and service”

The Cloister at Sea Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sea Island
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Beautiful property in a secluded part of Georgia, Very spacious rooms, beautful grounds, The meals in the dinig rooms were very good. Our group was about 45 people and every comment I heard from the group was very positive. The three nearby courses were excellent (Plantation, Retreat and Seaside). trnsport to and from the hotel was always available, we never waited once.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 20, 2011

I can't recall anywhere in the United States that I've visited that had the combination of quality, beauty and fantastic architecture, that I would consider comparable to this resort. This property is simply stunning.

Room Tip: I stayed in a single room at the Beach Club. We had associates also in The Cloister and The Lodge. W...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The hotel was first class. We had suite 221 which was huge for the family. The service was pleasant and timely. My only knock was how filthy the room was. There was 10-15 dead flies by the balcony door which remained there all week.

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank Soki816
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Fabulous. 100 percent great trip. Highly recommend. Everything is top quality.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Reserved room under our Amex Platinum Fine Hotel and Resorts plan. We have also stayed at the Lodge. Upon check I was told that I had a garden view room when I had booked and paid for a Beach Club Oceanview Room on the Amex FHR site. The front desk agent told me incorrectly that Amex does not designate room type, so I could not guarantee a view. This is absolutely untrue. I was then told that the hotel was sold out and I was stuck with a garden room, with no apology and no rate adjustment, etc. I was told I would receive a call when my room was ready (it was not). Going on 5pm and no call. I called and was told that someone would get back with me. After half an hour, my husband called again and someone came to let us in a room (not the one I paid for). We had 2 keys, only one worked and were told one would be sent right over - never was. We were directed to park our car quite a distance from the building even though there was parking outside the door. We were told breakfast ended at 11am and 10:30am, respectively, calling two different people in guest services. Thankfully, we arrived at Big George’s just before 10:30am but were ignored by at least five servers before I grabbed someone and asked to be seated. We were told more than once that they were closing and given a hard time for even asking to be seated. I told the hostess we had been waiting several minutes. We were seated and had one trip to the buffet. The lady at the omelet station let me know that I had the LAST omelet and she was closing. The restaurant still had several tables filled and we were by far the last to leave. Flashback to room key - we had to have someone bring us a key (that we had never received) to charge our meal. The property is lovely and there are some very helpful staff, but our "wrong room," no rate adjustment, late check in, and unprofessional treatment made for the worst Fine Hotel and Resort experience we have ever had. We frequent the Ritz at Amelia and Charleston Place and were hoping to find a new spot close to Jacksonville. It was disappointing beyond measure!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
33  Thank JaxxyLady
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My family has stayed at some nice resorts around the country, and none compares to The Cloister. The rooms are spacious and elegant. The building and grounds are spectacular, and the service is first class all the way. It is not cheap, but you always feel like you are getting your money's worth at this world class resort. My tip: stay at the Cloister rather than the more hectic and kid-crazy Beach Club. Of course it's great to be near the fantastic pools and beach, but the easy stroll (or free golf cart rides) from the chaos of the Beach Club to the serenity and luxury of the Cloister is a minor inconvenience. In fact I enjoyed it.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank ChicagoDavid
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Outstanding property. Rooms are sumptuously decorated. Lobby is spectacular. Beach club beautiful too

• Stayed: September 2011
Ocean Lodge
#5 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Brunswick I-95, GA
The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort
The King and Prince Beach and Go...
#3 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to The Cloister at Sea Island? Share your experiences!