Lucille's Mountain Top Inn & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$99
  • Pool
$249
$174
$64
Baymont Inn & Suites Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$139
$121
$80
$70
$84
Country Inn
Holiday Inn Express Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$97
$70
$60
  • Breakfast included
$89
Travelocity
All reviewsmountain topb bback porchbreakfast was deliciouseach eveningbed and breakfastmountain viewwonderful weekendthe north georgia mountainseach morningrelaxing getawayjacuzzi tubrocking chairsthird floorharvest habershamshort drivefireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I have stayed in 50+ B&B's both domestic and international over the past years. Each have their own unique niche and feel so that is why I am placing Lucille's in my Top 5. I stayed for a couple of days and really did not want to leave.

Getting to the B&B is also a unique experience. The journey takes you throughout some of
N. GA's beautiful farm land and vineyards. Once you are pulling into the B&B's drive way, you began to climb a curvy and forestry path which feels like you are leaving the world behind. The most exciting part is when you arrive at the top of the driveway everything opens up and you realize you are sitting on top of a mountain. The image you see when at the top is one you will never forget.

I stayed in one of the jacuzzi suites. I was not aware that it also had a fireplace which was between the tub and the living room. That was such as nice surprise. The rooms are much larger than I have seen in any B&B especially in a standard hotel room.

They also have a Crowe's Nest which is a room at the very top of the B&B. You can go there to see the sunrise or sunset and really get that feeling of being away from everything.

The best part of my stay was the full service spa. I did not expect the quality of service as I did in the city however I was extremely surprised. Nothing is better than a body and foot massage after driving 2 hours to get there. The spa staff provided the quality of service you would expect anywhere.

During my stay I think I gained 5lbs! Each morning you are served a full breakfast and in the evening a full dessert bar which is all homemade. Something you don't always expect.

I think this is the longest review I have written so I guess this shows you how much I loved this place. I have already booked a stay for Valentines! Now all I have to do is find a date.

Well done to the staff at Lucille's!

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room. Only thing I would caution you about is that the inn has 3 floors and no elevator. There are two rooms on the main level which are both ADA approved and do not require stairs.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Such a great spot for a mother-daughter trip. We'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This was my first B&B experience and my boyfriend and I had a great time. The view was awesome and the breakfast was delicious with a lot of variety. The owners were very sweet and stayed late to let us in after we got slowed down by bad weather. The little town, Helen, is close by and full of little restaurants and German bakeries. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

I have been going to Lucille's Mountain Top Inn & Spa for the last few years, mostly as a place to gain a bit of quiet and reflection. This recent trip, my partner and I went for a romantic weekend. The Inn is under new management and the new energy is wonderful!

The breakfast is good quality, with a nice start of 8:30am... allowing for people to sleep in with out having the noise of the kitchen wake you up.

The bedrooms are spacious and some of them have a see-through fireplace.

They are working on a plan to be able to provide a dinner or even a lunch. That is really the only draw back, having to leave property for lunch/dinner. The bonus points on that are the local cuisine and fun restaurants nearby.

I am looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are a good choice.
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Lucille's Mountain Top Inn was truly incredible! The property and views are beautiful, the rooms are comfortable, spacious, tastefully decorated, and impeccably clean. The breakfasts were delicious, and everyone at the inn is warm and friendly and helpful. It was a delight to stay here, and we look forward to having another opportunity to do so.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful!