“Perfect one night getaway!”

Nacoochee Valley Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sautee Nacoochee
Nacoochee Valley Guest House
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We called Bernie's nacoochee Valley Guest House for a last minute Sunday getaway this Spring Break and found the staff very cheerful to take our reservation. Our "Discover Sautee" package included a one night stay in one of their charming B&B rooms, full breakfast, a bottle of wine and complimentary wine tastings at nearby Sautee & Yonah wineries. We stayed in the Oak room which had a lovely view of the garden and a 2 person jucuzzi tub (with plenty of hot water to fill it!). We sat outside enjoying our wine, relaxing and listening to a group of local musicians impromptu at the coffee house next door. Bernie actually came in early to make us breakfast since we had to leave for work. While entertaining us with her stories, this friendly and talented chef prepared french toast with fresh berries and a slice of veggie frittata with fresh OJ and plenty of hot coffee. She even indulged us in a pitcher of steamed milk on request. Bernie is one of those seasoned B&B owners that has an eye for detail, a genuine gift of hospitality and love of people. I enjoyed our brief stay and am anxious to return for a longer visit - next time with children and dog in tow.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2011

I found Bernie's on a daily deals website and booked for our anniversary weekend. Two strong selling points were their helpful attitudes over the phone when making our reservation and being pet friendly. The B&B is very warm. Each room has its own personality. The ladies were fantastic! The food was outstanding. The other two couple raved about dinner hte night before (we had eated elsewhere due to other commitments). We did enjoy our breakfast the next morning (they even fixed a little for Annabelle - the pup - after asking my permission).

Everyone in the valley was very nice. We had a great visit to two wineries and tasting roms while in town, as well. When we would tell someone that we were staying at Bernie's, they knew exactly where we were.

I would, absolutely, recommend staying (and eating) here. In fact, I already have reservations for a weekend during Helen's Oktoberfest (a 5 minute drive).

Reviewed October 16, 2010

Came here for diner. The food was good but took two hours to get food. They said it usually doesn't take this long but I've never been here before so I don't know. Good thing we don't have our baby with us this weekend or we would have had to ask for it to go.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Ours was a spur of the moment decision to just get a night away. We arrived on a Friday evening, had a delicious dinner and spent a nice quiet evening alone. The next morning, a fresh pot of coffee was waiting for us. We were served a picture perfect breakfast that tasted scrumptious. The staff is super warm and welcoming~ they made us feel like we were at home. The staff is amazing. There is no rushing, no stress, and no negativity in any way. Perfect. Thank you Bernie and your amazing staff!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2010

This is freakmom again, and I still stand by my review. On this day, at this time, we had terrible service. The "wonderful lady" owner was not that concerned about our complaint. She never offered any type of come again and we will try to be better discount or anything. Maybe it was a fluke, but we spent our hard earned money there. Other people and other times may have been different. Maybe other people who say I should not come back, are not that picky about where they stay or how they are treated. If you are in business to make people happy then you should know how to do it. Maybe other people have too much money and not enough brains. I don't know.....Just keep in mind, all you people who might go there, if they did it to us, they might do it to you. Buyer beware, is all I have to say. Find a better place !!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank freakmom
Reviewed July 29, 2010

My husband and I wanted to visit Helen for our "babymoon" (last-chance getaway before our baby arrives) in July 2010. Bernie and her staff were delightful, the (Oak) room was very comfortable with a lovely pastoral view, and the breakfast was generous and delicious. At first we wanted to rent a cabin for our stay, but most in the area have a two-night minimum (even during the week) and our situation required that we be flexible. I thought I would prefer to stay in Helen (proper) to be within walking distance of the shops. We are so glad that we chose to make the (very short) drive to this bed and breakfast! There are great local artisan shops across the street and a fun coffeehouse next door. Our room had cable television and wi-fi and a 2-person jacuzzi tub. I did give 4 out of 5 stars for sleep quality only because we like to sleep in and there was a 7:30 group meeting for breakfast that woke us on a Wednesday morning. This quaint, family-run inn deserves 5 stars (and we did stay the second night after all).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My friend and I were on a "girls' trip" for a couple of nights and enjoyed our stay very much. We stayed in the Meadow room and had the upstairs to ourselves. There was a king size bed and a day bed with trundle so we had lots of room. Views were lovely. The breakfasts were the highlight. GREAT food and the staff was very friendly. Sunday night we were the only guests and since the restaurant was closed, we had the place to our selves. They gave us a key and told us to help ourselves to the cake and soft drinks. We did a lot of driving while there since the town of Helen itself was a disapointment.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Nacoochee Valley Guest House? Share your experiences!