So like many of the reviewers, we found out about this resort thru LivingSocial. We upgraded to a cabin. The cabin is away from the primary lodge and it's in a quiet, secluded area of the property. The room was sizable and cozy. Some furniture upgrades are needed. We did have some issues with the water on both nights. The owners tried to repair but were unable. So we were given a premium room. In addition they removed our upgrade charge and gave us a voucher for a future visit. they really did try to make the situation right which was very much appreciated. On a side note, We actually preferred the premium room over the cabin. It was more updated with the furnishings and decor. The breakfast was very good. Although the hours are limited. So if you like early breakfasts like us, I recommend that you have snacks to hold you over in the room. the wine tasting was a lot of fun. It was an opportunity to sample local wines as well as a wine that Sylvan Valley is making. I was pleasantly surprised because I didn't realize that we actually got to take a bottle of our choice with us. We, along w/most of the other guests, decided to take the Sylvan Valley wine. It is actually quite good. Overall it was a good get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming. Intimate. Comfortable. Here, in the gorgeous mountains of North Georgia Wine Country, colors seem richer, the air is fresher, and everything just tastes better. Savor an incredible glass of local wine by the cozy tasting room fireplace. Explore our serene gardens, abundant with native plantings and mountain views. Sit under the peaceful gaze of Yonah Mountain and simply enjoy the view. It's the kind of place you've been dreaming about. Located along the Unicoi Wine Trail with nearly a dozen wineries within 15 miles, the area also offers many exciting opportunities for nature lovers including hiking trails and waterfalls along with a variety of shopping, art galleries, local crafts, museums, restaurants, horseback riding, zip-lining, fly fishing, antiques, and wine tasting rooms. With so much to choose from, you'll find endless ways to make Sylvan Valley Lodge and Winery your own. And if it takes more than one trip to do it all, we'll be happy to welcome you back. We pride ourselves on our friendly and knowledgeable staff, who are committed to making your stay as special as possible. Whether you are visiting the area for the first time or the fiftieth, we delight in helping you design a great itinerary for your North Georgia Wine Country adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Sylvan Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sylvan Valley Hotel Sautee Nacoochee
- Country Inn Sautee Nacoochee
- Sautee Nacoochee Country Inn