Sylvan Valley Lodge
$249
$174
Travelocity
$64
Baymont Inn & Suites Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$139
$96
Groupon.com
$80
$70
Travelocity
$84
Country Inn
Holiday Inn Express Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$97
$70
$60
  • Breakfast included
$89
All reviewslocal wineriestasting roomnorth georgiab bweekend packagefree wine tastingwonderful weekendwarm hospitalityrooms are cleanhelenwineryginevraaccommodationsreunionwinemakeratlanta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

We come to the Lodge every year for a family reunion. We rent out the entire lodge, and enjoy the beautiful scenery as well as all the inn offers. I have also attended a wedding here. Breakfast is always fantastic and cooked to order. I have also attended the beer and wine tastings. The pairings are always amazing. I am always sad to go. The innkeepers are great at pointing out local sites and history. I climbed the Ruby falls (sorry I can't remember the whole name) and it was amazing. For me, close enought to cute soap boutiques and fudge (of course)!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I take a trip to Helen each year, and since '07 when I stayed at Sylvan Valley, I won't stay anywhere else. I love the place and recommend it to my friends up from Atlanta. The proprietors are friendly, helpful, and know the local GA wine scene as well as anyone. The rooms are well-appointed and a cut above the rest in the area.

Room Tip: Each room has it's own character. Rooms 11, 14 and 17 are my favorites.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark F
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend here and absolutely loved it! The location was EXCELLENT for us because we didn't want to be in town, yet it was a convenient short drive if we wanted to go. The room was very quaint and charming, exactly what my husband and I like. No cookie cutter hotel room here. Very clean, staff extremely helpful and friendly - just an all around relaxing getaway. Will DEFINITELY go back :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Muthz555
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Sylvan Vally Lodge with our daughters (ages 1 and 3) and had a great weekend! We stayed in one of the cabins and it was perfectly sized for our needs. Had a mini-fridge and microwave, which made it very easy for between-meal snacks and early breakfasts for the girls. Our cabin was decorated with bears and the girls spent all weekend growling at them. Lots of room on the property for them to stretch their legs as well as some fish to feed. The sourdough toast with breakfast is a favorite of mine and the girls loved their special smiley-face pancakes.

Our hosts were very welcoming, like they were opening their home to us. This is probably our 8th visit in 6 years and we will continue to come back again and again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank scottishdncr
Reviewed May 22, 2012

will post pics soon but in a nutshell, we paid half price and still paid $300 for 2 nights stay. very disappointing. rooms were more like a motel than a premium room that we were told. cheap mismatched fixtures that look like bought at dollar store, torn draperies, shower head coming off wall, cracked old bathroom tiles, ac that just shuts off, mirrors that are falling apart, filthy stained carpets, lush gardens were not lush as much as overgrown and unkempt with weeds, cheap plastic chairs on our deck overlooking the parking lot...what a joke. stay away!

• Stayed: May 2012